Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Recap of Funny Posts on Joey

I’m sorry today’s post came late! Had a really late night meeting last night and spent this morning coaching Joey for her spelling! =X So, for today’s post, I’m going to recap some of my old posts. Haha!

* * * * *

This was posted on 19 March 2007: Powerful Saliva Skill!

Joey performed something really hilarious tonight. She was in her cot, and she decided to play with her saliva. She always likes to blow bubbles with her saliva, so this is nothing new. What's funny is that she would blow such big bubbles of saliva that all the saliva will gather and stay on her face.

She would not bother to wipe them away of course. So the end result is this:

Ah hahahahaha! We couldn't stop laughing! And the more we laughed, the more she blew the bubbles. Poor Mummy got to keep wiping it off! And Daddy said she looks like Santa Claus with a white beard! wahahahaha...

Daddy and Mummy were so amazed that we started to blow bubbles infront of her cot too! Hahaha.. Can you imagine a whole family of saliva bubble-blowers??! I can already see the disgusted look on your faces. Haha!

* * * *

Published on Oct 28, 2008: 我家那个小大人

Yes indeed. My daughter can't wait to grow up obviously. She loves to behave and act like an adult now, and can I tell you?

IT'S HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Some tell-tale signs that my daughter thinks that she's an adult:

1) She commands you to do something, and she adds a ' 快点啦!' at the end of her command.All happens concurrently with a roll eye, frown on the forehead, slight irritation in her voice and a very impatient stare. Hello girl, who's the mother here? Huh?!!

2) She insists on using the chopsticks to eat EVERYTHING and that includes rice, porridge (sad but it's true), meat, soup (yes I know)... and no, she cannot hold her chopsticks yet, so you can imagine how long & how messy it gets at every mealtime where you can find a pair of chopsticks on the table.

3) If the mother (that's me!) whines, her maternal instincts jump right out & she goes into her 'Taiwanese soap opera' mode, shove my head onto her chest and she hugs me tightly and pats me on the head (sayang) and at the same time, whine along with me, "Muuummmmyyyy.......". Not joking. Ask any of my friends who have personally witnessed this. Very very drama.

4) She asks a question and when you answer, she gives a very 'adult' 'OOOHHHHH' and look very satisfied with herself that she understood the answer......... and then ask the very same question again barely 30 seconds later. (tat's life..).

My daughter is growing up so fast I can't do anything about it!!!!!!!!!! argghhhh!!!

I think I'll go whine now.

* * * * *

Published on July 25, 2009: The 1st Question Has Come

I should have seen it coming. But, I really didn’t think it would be this soon. My Joey is still a baby, isn’t she? She still goes gaga over Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoons on Disney Channel, hums Barney songs and wears pretty much what I pick out for her to wear, doesn’t she?

It’s my fault. I ought to be more prepared for this. I had naively thought that I would handle everything with professionalism and great wisdom. After all, I supposedly should have gazillion tons more wit than my little baby girl, isn’t it? Is it?

The fateful day was Thursday, July 23, 2009. Yesterday.

woman-menstruation-400

Joey was in my bedroom when she saw me open up a SANITARY PAD (sorry boys, you might experience some discomfort reading this particular entry). As per her usual personality, she immediately asked, ‘Mummy, what’s that?’

I was stumped for a total of 3 seconds.

Of course, I would love to tell her that it’s a sanitary pad, and women need to use it because they go through menstruation every month which is basically the shedding of the uterine lining orendometrium, and it occurs on a regular basis in reproductive-age females of certain mammal species.

But of course, that was not what I said.

Amidst my stammering errr-s.. and ahhh-s, I managed to utter something which I thought was at her level of understanding. Ahem. ‘It’s for collecting something. Mummy needs to put it on the panty.’

Silence. She didn’t look one bit convinced. Silence.

“Collect what?”

My heart sank. Come on, I can’t possibly tell her it’s for collecting BLOOD right? That will scare the wits out of her and possibly smear her innocent childhood! She might never want to grow up!

“Errr… something dirty la…” (desperately thinking of something else to say to divert her attention away)

More silence.

Then all of a sudden, her eyes lit up with elated understanding of Mummy’s parables and she blurted,“Oh I know, it’s a DIAPER! Right?” then proceeded to stare at me with the most beautiful innocent round eyes in this whole world.

I just said yes as softly as possible (totally un-intelligent, I admit) and quickly changed our topic to what she ate in school for lunch yesterday.

See. I totally ruined it.

Oh my gosh, my girl is slowly morphing into a young lady day by day and soon enough, she’ll be ushered into the world of stomach cramps & PMS! *breaks out in nervous laugh*

I am so not looking forward to the day when she will ask me where she came from and how did daddy & mummy make Baby Jayne go into mummy’s tummy.