You might have seen this cute poster in the cinemas recently. And it’s THE LORAX!
From the creators of Despicable Me and the imagination of Dr. Seuss comes the 3D-CG feature The Lorax, an adaptation of the classic tale of a forest creature who shares the enduring power of hope. The animated adventure follows the journey of a 12-year-old as he searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. Thanks to omy, Joey and I had a movie date last Monday and we both enjoyed The Lorax tremendously! =P
When we collected our tickets, Joey was given two very adorable sheets of The Lorax stickers. Totally won Joey’s heart, I say. =D
I printed out an orange moustache for Joey to pose with before the movie. She’s Joey Lorax! Hahaha..
I must say that The Lorax is a very entertaining and meaningful movie that both the adults and kids would enjoy. The storyline is simple – A boy who went in search for a real tree to please the girl of his dreams. The town that he lives in is a city with no trees at all, and because of that, everyone in the town must pay for fresh air & oxygen. The supplier of the fresh air naturally does not want any trees to grow in the town because trees produce oxygen for free! The story is about how trees became extinct because of man’s greed, and how the boy managed to turn the situation around. There are many funny parts that made Joey and I laugh out loud, and I thought the 3D effects were really well done! Thumbs up for The Lorax! I’d strongly recommend it as a must-watch this coming March school holidays! =)