Thursday, April 19, 2012

Emicakes For Mums?

Sponsored Review

I’m sure you’ve heard of the No. 1 durian cake maker in Singapore – EMICAKES. I’ve been a fan since my secondary school days because Emicakes make the freshest and most delicious cakes around. With Mother’s Day around the corner, you will be happy to know that Emicakes is offering special promotional rates for purchases made through this blog! =)

Emicakes delivered two of their Mother’s Day special cakes to my place a couple of days back and my girls and I had sugar rush from gorging on them. Can’t be helped, they were really yummy. My girls totally loved the Pure Addiction Chocolate cake (with generous servings of crushed almonds as the base) and I was so won over by the Mao Shan Wang Premium Durian cake. Granted, I’ve never been a fan of durian desserts, but this was just too good.

IMG_9728

We girls never seem to get sick of eating sweet stuffs. And quite frankly, they make us happy. Really happy. And won’t you just check out how cute the durian cake looks? That spikey part, by the way, is a thick yummilicious coating of durian cream & puree. Can you hear my pores screaming out?

IMG_9730

I’m totally not exaggerating, but the moment you bite into this chiffon–durian–chiffon–durian heavenly concoction, the sweet aroma of durian bursts forth in your whole mouth, conquers your entire being and overwhelms your senses. I could even chew on bits of durian flesh within. Way too good.

IMG_9732

The Pure Addiction Chocolate has to be an all-time favourite. If durian is not your kind of thing, you might want to opt for this chocolate cake instead. The fudge is thick, milky and full of chocolate taste. Young and old – Everyone loves a good chocolate cake! And yes, the crushed almonds at the bottom totally rocked the cake to the next level. Chocolates & almonds are a match made in heaven, in my opinion. Must be the endorphins at work.

IMG_9731

My kids and I had a wonderful tea break that afternoon with our Emicakes as we discussed about International politics. Well, not really. We were just pigging out around our dining table, too lost for words over the yumminess before us.

IMG_9734

This Mother’s Day, you can totally make your mum’s day by buying her these specially-created cakes! And best of all, as readers of The J Babies, you will receive a 15% discount off your purchases if you order online via this link. The link will be active from 20 April to 10 May 2012, and the promotion is valid for cake order whose delivery or pick up dates fall on 20 April to 10 May 2012. By the way, delivery is free for purchases of $50 & above; $60 for CBD area.

MSW_MD_LRF4Premium D24_MD_LRF3Pure Addiction_MD_LRF2Sweet Surprise_MD_LRF1

I’m sure you will find something you really like this Mother’s Day. Go on, make your orders now via link! =)

* * * * *

Like Emicakes on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Emicakes.com.sg
Follow them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/EmicakesSG
Find out more on their website: http://www.emicakes.com.sg

HAVE A JOLLY GOOD MOTHER’S DAY CELEBRATION! =)