Some people ask me how I can manage my kids without having a maid at all. I think it’s because I have very supportive and doting parents, and I am so thankful for them.
During my mum’s era, it’s common for the mum to stay at home full time to look after the kids, while the dad would be the sole breadwinner of the household. So my mum didn’t really need the help of my grandparents when I was young. She was a SAHM who took care of all my needs.
I am obviously living in a very different era now – Many mums now hold full-time jobs and have alternate childcare arrangements. I am blessed that my mother-in-law helps me with my kids during the weekdays while I work very hard at my job. Without her, I would not be able to go to work at ease every morning, knowing my kids are in safe hands. Without her, I would have to ferry my kids to and fro childcare centres everyday and take child sick leave to stay at home whenever they fall sick. I am able to do what I’m doing today because I have a superb mother-in-law.

During the weekends, I bring my kids back to my parents’ place and have dinner with them. Although we don’t do that every single weekend, but as best as we can, we would. I love spending time at my parents’ place, and having dinner with them always meant one thing: I could have my dinner in peace. Haha. My mum would fuss over my kids, making sure they eat all the veggies and meat with lots of rice. Dinner with my parents is usually my weekly highlight when I get to savour my dinner over nice conversations with my folks. My kids bug me to bring them to visit my parents all the time. See how blessed I am?
I am glad that I got married rather young (at 25) and had two kids by the time I was 31. Both hubby and my parents are relatively young and still physically able to take care of my kids. Having my kids young also meant that I don’t huff and puff while running after them now. =P
So when friends ask me how I juggle so many different roles and still can have quality time with hubby & pursue the things I love, I tell them it’s because I am blessed with parents who are ever-supportive and always there for me. I am grateful. =)
I pray that my parents will stay healthy, strong & happy! =)