A girl is at her cutest when she starts to talk. That’s totally my personal opinion, but I say it because I’ve been wowed by my girls’ cuteness when they started out reading. We adults may not think it’s such a big deal now that we’ve been talking non stop for years. But to a kid, a baby who used to only communicate by crying, screaming, shouting & making alien sounds, this is BIG. I may be a little over the top on Mummy’s pride, but that’s one huge step, I tell ya.
This is so huge that I have to show you a video clip. Baby Jayne’s voice is so incredibly cute I cannot stop giggling.
She recited bits and pieces of that story from what she heard her sister read before. It’s not perfect, but definitely commendable. Somehow, with a sister she can pattern and copycat after, she’s been improving rather quickly in her speech and reading. In fact, I talk to her almost everyday on the phone when I’m working in office, and sometimes, I cannot even differentiate whether it was Joey or Jayne! I feel so proud of my little baby. =)
Loving to read is always a good thing to have. =)