Not too long ago, we have designated Saturday mornings as our weekly family breakfast morning. Everyone wakes up early to go for breakfast together and usually at different locations just for the fun of it.
The Saturday that just passed, we had breakfast at one of the coffee shops nearby to where we live, and used to be where Papa Isaiah lived as a kid. And what a great time we had together. Saturday mornings have become our new favourite part of the week.
It was a wet morning, as most mornings are now. But the rain was not able to deter us. We had our favorite Bak Kut Teh for breakfast. Super heavy breakfast, I know. But super fulfilling.
My girl doesn’t look too pleased because she had wanted to eat Mc’Donalds breakfast instead. LOL.
I’ve always been a lover of traditional coffee shop Kopi-O. I’m not exactly a Starbucks fan.
Our beautiful breakfast. This is easily the best BKT in Singapore, in my opinion.
After breakfast, we took a quick walk into the wet market to get something. I actually like ‘window-shopping’ at such stalls. So many things to see! And I guess, as we become more and more commercialised, such old-school wet markets are going to disappear in time to come.
Then we spotted an Uncle cutting up a dried salted fish. That fish was huge! The nice Uncle even offered to let my kids try, and that was when I quickly shoved them away, laughing nervously. Nice to watch, but no thanks, Uncle.
Kids love kiddy rides, whether they look new or old. I particularly like this one too, because it costs only 20 cents per ride. Some ridiculous kiddy rides in shopping mall cost $2 each! That’s like 10 times more expensive for the same kind of experience? Wait, what experience??
That basically wrapped up our Saturday breakfast time. Awesome, isn’t it? Joey says it should be Mc’Donalds’ turn next Saturday. We’ll see. =P
* * * *
In other news, I’ve got a new post up on www.whiteasmilk.com. :)http://www.whiteasmilk.com/2012/04/23/capturing-the-old/