Once in a while, we would bring the girls over to Johor Bahru, our Aunt’s place, for some Doggie Therapy.
You see, from god-knows-when, the girls started having this profound love for doggies, which is very peculiar considering the fact that they used to run away in tears whenever they spot a doggie, cute or otherwise. And since I do not have any liking for doggies or cats or any pets at all, the only way they can play with doggies is when we bring them to my Aunt’s house. In that house, an adorable doggie named Cookie lives.
The kids adore Cookie so much that I seriously think the poor doggie gets traumatized whenever we visit. My kids are relentless and I can totally understand why. They miss playing with Cookie all the time, and since we don’t go visit Cookie often, they have to play to their hearts’ content whenever we do. The poor doggie has to entertain their requests of ‘Jump!’, ‘Cookie, stand!’ throughout our entire stay. Even a hyperactive doggie like Cookie looks exhausted at the end of our visit every time. =P
Nevertheless, it’s heart-warming to see how much the kids love Cookie. Joey practically treats Cookie as her little sister. She’d talk to her and say, ‘Come to Jie Jie!’. =.= I do not fancy dogs at all, but I must say the kids’ affection for little animals is pretty encouraging. I mean, it’s way better than them thinking it’s fun to torture little stray cats right? Kids should have compassion.
Just look at the expression on Jayne’s face. I say that’s a “Look at me, Mummy!’ look. =)
My Aunt recently installed the 3D feature on her TV, and the gals had fun watching sample 3D clips downloaded onto the TV. I thought it’s a cute sight to see the kids watching TV together with Cookie.
End of our periodic Doggie Therapy, and the kids are already bugging us to bring them back for their next therapy session!