I love carefree days where I can go shopping with the kids and then relax for a cup of coffee & some snacks at a lovely place when I feel like it. As the kids grow up, such moments are increasing more and more, and I absolutely love it. Now you understand why I bite disagree when you ask me to try for Number 3. Life is a lot easier now that my two girls are bigger. I cannot imagine having to take care of a baby all over again. I am enjoying the freedom that has returned to me bit by bit, definitely. =)
Anyway, after our Esprit shopping spree, we settled down at Steeple’s Deli for some family tea time. This is not the first time I’ve mentioned this cafe in this blog. That should tell you how much I like the place. =D
Steeple’s Deli is situated within Tanglin Shopping Centre (Level 2), and it’s virtually empty when we reached in the mid afternoon. I like this place for its open-kitchen concept, and it actually feels like you are sitting in your grandma’s kitchen as she prepares some snacks for you. =)
The decorative glass bottles in the cafe even has the cafe’s customised labels. Love the vintage feel.
Lots of wood used in its furnishings. Makes the whole place very warm & cosy.
My girls were tired and hungry after our shopping, and they were happy to be able to rest in a nice cafe too. =) I ordered French fries and ice-cream to reward them for being cooperative throughout the shopping spree. Heee..
Watching the staff assembling our sandwich from where I was sitting. The staff are probably used to having customers stare at them work, but he was shy when I tried to take a photograph of him. =P
Doesn’t our sandwich look appetizing?? A simple combination of wholemeal bread, ham and lettuces can taste so good. Amazing. Makes me crave for a ham sandwich now. Grrrr..
But the thing you absolutely got to try when you visit Steeple’s Deli is their chocolate fudge. There’s so much chocolate packed in a small piece, with chunks of marshmallows. Too good. Too good.
Steeple’s Deli is located at 19 Tanglin Road #02-25 Tanglin Shopping Centre.