I heard about this cafe from some mummy friends, and since I had an afternoon free with my kids, I decided to bring them there to hang out. Mainly because I was craving for some comfort food (sweet stuffs & coffee), and also because I heard that there was a play area just next to the cafe. It's always nice to discover eating places where the kids can play as well. So we hopped down excitedly to Brunetti at Tanglin Mall.
Brunetti looks very modern & contemporary, with really high counters. I even had to tip toe to order, can you imagine? According to the staff, it's a very classic Italian cafe setup. Well, there're no shorties in Italy??
What I really love about the interiors was the mosaic flooring! It had such a modern yet vintage look to it.
And the way they display their food items was another attraction. Everything looks colourful, yummy and inviting, especially the cakes and pastries! My spirits were instantly lifted up just browsing through their glass display shelves. Happy sight indeed! =D
There's a wide selection available on their menu. Apart from the breads, sandwiches, pizzas, cakes, pastries and gelato that are displayed, they also have main dishes such as steaks, pastas, etc.
It was literally a feast for the eyes for me. The cakes and pastries were intricately made and displayed. I imagine they must taste very good too.
Oh the macaroons!
They have a wide gelato selection, and we ordered for the kids. Joey chose yoghurt (weird) and Jayne chose bubblegum (solely for the colour).
Apart from a big indoor seating area, the cafe also has an outdoor dining, which is actually still within Tanglin Mall, but in a non air-conditioned part.
We chose to sit at the outdoor area because there was a mini playground nearby. It was really super mini that my girls felt it was not worth their time at all. =P
Drinks were served in a most classical manner. Love it. =)
And every gelato comes with a heart=shaped cookie, much to my girls' delight. =D
I saw this and I HAD to order it! A gigantic sugar donut! Hahaha.. yummy and totally satisfied my craving.
We also ordered this baked macaroni with ham and mushrooms. The girls LOVED it so much!
It was a nice leisure tea break in the afternoon. =) Love it that it's quiet and good if you plan to sit and chit chat with your friends for many hours.