I officially cannot call Jayne a baby anymore. She has turned THREE! The worst is over (I hope) and I look forward to more glorious days ahead together!
The milestone celebration was done at McDonalds’. And how glad was I that I decided to do it at McDonalds’. It’s by far my most fuss-free birthday party ever! At $9 per child (minimum of 12 kids), every kid gets a Happy Meal and you get a party host to run games for the party. It doesn’t matter that some of the kids I had at the party were at that awkward age where they find the party games too kiddish. We managed to have fun anyway! =) Most importantly, Jayne enjoyed it very much! Plus, compared to many other party venues, this is one of the cheapest options you can find in town at short notice. Yep, I confirmed the party less than two weeks before the date. =P
The good thing about the outlet where we had our party was that we had the whole Level 2 of the restaurant to ourselves. It was a nice private space for the kids to run around and the parents and friends could hang around chit-chatting. And there was this big painting of Ronald McDonalds on the wall for photo-taking. Nice.
Happy meal boxes for every kid! =D
And every kid gets to wear a crown, which also doubles up as a record of their orders. =P At the corner of their crowns, you’d find little scribbles like nuggets, french fries & iced milo. =P This helps the staff when distributing their food later on.
Yeye (grandpa) in the house! =D
I deliberately kept the party small. Only invited those with kids from my cell group and my very close friends! I thought the size was just nice! Not too big, and I could chat with everyone. =)
The party host helped all the kids to write their names on their crowns and took their food orders. Everything’s done by the staff, so it’s really fuss-free for us. =D
The kids played an ice-breaker, then proceeded to have their dinners. The group consisted of kids of different age groups, and those who’re in the Primary School didn’t want to join in initially, cos they found it too childish! Haha.. I can totally understand. I would too, if I were their age! They eventually did join in, and I think they secretly had fun too. =P
Every kid loves McDonalds’. Thus far, I’ve not met a kid who doesn’t.
Before the cake-cutting, the party host led them to play another game of puzzles. My dad was so sporting! He volunteered for both games. So proud of him. Hahaha…
The girls who ‘pretended’ they couldn’t care less, but gave their best efforts when the game started!
My brother just came back from overseas and could join us. So happy! =)
Jayne was a good host! She went around talking to various ones. =)
Cake-cutting Time!!!! Jayne chose this cake herself from Emicakes and thank you Emicakes for the sponsorship! The cake was delicious! =)
My baby is looking coy like a lady! Heee… I’m glad she’s not the shy kind, and would enjoy such attention on her.
Then she made a birthday wish….
…and blew out the candles! SO CUTE!
Finally, the goody bags were given out to the kids by the birthday girl, and she received a gift from McDonalds’ as well! It’s a cute bento box that looks like a hamburger! =)
Big thanks to all our dear friends who made the effort to come celebrate with us that day. Jayne is now officially TERRIFIC THREE! =)