Sponsored Review
Dettol is a well-known household name. While some people may associate the smell of Dettol with hospitals and clinics, I personally like the smell very much. In my house, we use Dettol in our laundry, floor cleaning, toilet cleaning and the soap bar version in our baths as well. It’s a big part of my life, especially after the kids came along. Somehow, anything with a Dettol smell gives me the extra sense of security that it’s protected against germs. =P And quite frankly, the Dettol smell makes me feel all clean and fresh instantly.
When I was sent the new body wash products produced by Dettol to try, I was wondering if they smell like the typical Dettol as well. Surprisingly, they smell very different and has a close-to-nature feel to it. The packaging looks refreshing too, I must say.
The new body wash series comes in two variants – Nourishing & Soothing. The former aims to restore the skin’s moisture, leaving a soft, tender and supple feeling at all times. I think especially to ladies, the scent of the products we use makes a very big difference to us. I must say that the Nourishing Dettol body wash kind of reinvigorates me, and makes me feel more awake after a bath.
The Natural Soothing body wash is created with a relaxing concoction of fresh flowers such as Calendula and Chamomile that are commonly used to create soothing effects. This body wash is gentler and therefore more suitable for those with sensitive skin. I can imagine at the end of a busy day, lathering this on our skin would be quite a therapeutic experience. =)
I tried using both in my baths on two separate days, and my verdict is that the body wash smells nice and comforting, but the smell does not linger for very long after the bath. I’ve used other body washes before that seemed to keep me smelling like it for a good half day. But for Dettol Natural body wash, the smells do not last as long. Which is a pity, because I really like their scents. The Natural Nourishing body wash also makes the skin a little drier, in my opinion. So for long term use, I would personally opt for the Soothing version as it’s gentler, and my skin tends to be dry most of the time.
My girls couldn’t wait to lay their hands on the new body washes (as with most of the products I receive for reviews actually), so to feed their vanity, I let them pose with them. Makes them happy and fills this blog with happy photos – Win-win!
Joey with Dettol Natural Soothing Body Wash!
“This smells so nice!”
And then Baby Jayne with the Dettol Natural Nourishing Body Wash!
“This smells like grass!” – true account
I got the girls to try out the body wash by washing their hands. More for fun than anything else actually. Haha.. It’s good really, at the end of play time, we ended up with really clean hands. =D
Joey is a lover of thick lathers just like me! =P
Nice smells instantly lifts up our spirits. =)
The girls’ verdict:
Dettol Natural range is available for sale at all leading supermarkets, hypermarkets and pharmacies in Singapore. Priced between $3.20 to $9.90, this is an affordable body wash that can also put your heart at ease with their germ-protection properties. Give it a try! =)