Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother’s Day Was All About Feasting

And that’s why I love Mother’s Day. =P I could give myself excuses after excuses to feast non-stop and throw all my diet plans aside.

I brought my mother-in-law to this little Chinese restaurant opposite the road from The Central Shopping Mall – Le Chasseur. I know the name sounds like that of a French restaurant, but they serve the most authentic Chinese cuisines around. Interestingly, their menu’s pasted on the walls! =) You get a visual display of all the dishes available. I think that’s neat!

IMG_0421

Love the traditional plates and bowls used in the restaurant – Good quality china with cute paintings of roosters!

IMG_0418

My girls love good food too, as you can tell. =)

IMG_0422

IMG_0423

The adorable trio! While waiting for our food, we snap photos. =) Grateful I have girls who loves taking photos and would pose for me. Makes my life so much easier.

IMG_0428

The interior of the restaurant is simple. Customers come here for the good food and are not so concerned about the interior decor anyway.

IMG_0429

You’re gonna start drooling when you see the photos of the food we ordered!

Balachan Lady’s Fingers

IMG_0430

Celery with wolfberries

IMG_0432

Black bean & chicken feet soup

IMG_0435

Crispy Fried Chicken Wings

IMG_0437

Claypot Rice

IMG_0439

Salt & Pepper Prawns

IMG_0440

Stir-fried beef with spring onions

IMG_0443

BBQ Cuttlefish

IMG_0444

And this is the signature dessert that you HAVE to order when you visit the restaurant. They serve up the best tau suan in town, no joke! Every serving is freshly prepared, so order just when you are about to finish your dinner. Waiting time is about 20 minutes. They go best with charcoal-toasted fried fritters!

IMG_0445

So OMG yummy. Don’t you think the food all look glorious?!! We were so full at the end of dinner!!!

IMG_0446

And so, we decided to take a nice slow stroll down Singapore River just to make the bloatedness go away. The night scene was beautiful along Clarke Quay – Colorful and vibrant!

IMG_0473

IMG_0474

It’s so nice to be able to enjoy the lovely night with the ones I love. I am a very blessed woman. =)

IMG_0475

IMG_0478