Baby Jayne attends the two-year-old Children's Church service every Sunday. She's just turned three, so that means technically, she should move on to the class for three-year-olds. But I've been procrastinating the move because it took her a while to get used to the current class and teachers, and now she speaks fondly of all her teachers in the class. Shifting her out now seems such a bad thing to do! =P
The first part of the service is always free play time, and I watch how she interacts with the teachers in the class, and I know she really likes them. There is an area in the room for parents to sit and watch the main church service happening outside in the main hall with headsets, and she hardly ever disturbs me there. Although she hasn't agreed that I can leave her in the room by herself, but she'd play with the teachers and let me watch the service in peace most of the time.
Yes, by the way, I was coerced into spending $3.60 on this kitty that 8127813789353726123087 other people have as well. It's not even cute. =.= But it's given this little girl a little bit of joy, so I guess it's a small price to pay.
Apparently, many other little girls covet this kitty as well, and some were seen trying to snatch it away from her in class. =P That explains her buay song expression.
Last weekend, the class celebrated May babies' birthdays! Baby Jayne and fellow CG friend, Jovan (along with several others) stood in front as everyone sang birthday song to them. Interestingly, Baby Jayne who always stood right at the front during praise and worship, and music & movement, was so shy that she kept running back to me!
And she even refused to wear the birthday hat! =X
Well, I think the birthday celebration kind of sends a message that it's time to move on to the next class. Although I am apprehensive how Baby Jayne would react in the new class, I have confidence in the teachers that they would do a good job at integrating her and making her feel comfortable and at ease. After all, life is full of transitions and to cross over, we all need to find within us, that courage, isn't it? =)