One scorching hot morning, I brought the girls to the Woodlands Waterfront Park for a breakfast picnic because Papa Isaiah went out to do something and we were home alone (and bored). I must be crazy to do such a thing because the sun was merciless! Nevertheless, we had fun, so I might repeat this crazy stint again another day.
I brought along a red-checkered to be laid on the grass as a mat, which totally set the mood for a picnic, short of a picnic basket.
Woodlands Waterfront Park was deserted on a Monday morning. Expectedly so, since everyone else should be at work. We were the only souls around except for another elderly man doing his morning walk and a bicycle whose owner is no where in sight.
Well, the plan was to have a nice leisurely breakfast picnic with my girls (We even went to buy breakfast & snacks before that!), but the girls won't follow my script of course. While I was setting up my dreamy picnic spot, they have already sprinted off to the playground. How can breakfast compare to the attractive playground? Doesn't even come close.
After a while, I managed to get the girls to detach themselves away from the playground and sit down on my beautiful picnic mat for a bite. My 'vision' of having a breakfast picnic with my girls came to pass! I must say having breakfast outdoors under the sun on the grass makes the breakfast more delicious. =P Even the tau sa bao that Joey ate tasted exceptionally good. Haahaa.
Barely 10 minutes in the park, Baby Jayne has already fallen down and hurt her knees. Poor gal. Thankfully, there was Ribena to the rescue! =P
It was a nice feeling to do something on a spur out of the usual routine, such as moving our breakfast table to a nice park. Even a simple thing like this can break the monotony of a normal day. =)
We had a relaxing time at the park eating our breakfast and snacks, while chatting about anything and everything. I love simple family time like this. =)
After breakfast, it's playground time part 2. The kids loved playing on the swing. But they were the happiest because Papa Isaiah managed to join us!
Joey also learnt how to swing herself without anyone pushing her! Bravo!
I love the smiles on their faces. =D
The sun was really hot that morning, and I had to settle back on my beloved mat for a rest, while calling the girls back for water parade periodically. If it was not so warm, I would love to spend more time at the park reading a book. That would be so lovely.
Just look at how much Joey was sweating! Good workout in the morning. =)
When we left the park a couple of hours later, it was still just as deserted. =P
Oh what a happy morning we had. =)