Well, technically it's not the void deck. It was the multi-purpose hall that can be used for all kinds of functions and events such as weddings, funerals, parties etc. But it was definitely our first time attending a kid's birthday party in such a venue. It was quite a refreshing first time, I would say!
The idea of hosting a party in the multi-purpose hall is quite brilliant, I think. Firstly, it's a very cheap venue option (actually I'm not even sure if you need to pay for the usage!), and it's very near to home (the host probably lived at the block next to the hall), and you don't have to clean up your house after the party!
It was Joey's classmate, Sharlotte's 6th birthday party, and from the moment we received the invitation, Joey has been waiting excitedly for the day to arrive. The night before the party, she was chanting, "I'm going to a party tomorrow!!!!" It was the school holidays, and I wasn't very positive about the turnout for the party. I mean, there was no reminders or anything, so I thought perhaps not many of her classmates would turn up. Turned out I was wrong! Many of them went, and Joey had a great time 'reuniting' with her classmates.
The party was set to be from 2.30pm to 5.30pm, and I thought it would be another free and easy party. But Sharlotte's mum went to great lengths to plan the whole party programme! There were many games planned, and she prepared so many little gifts to give out to the children. The most admirable part was she actually led all the games herself! *clap clap clap* The great love of a mum. [ have great love too, but I am just too lazy. =P]
There were also small little game stations planned for the kids to play. Even the adults were not spared. We were all told to choose a card off the walls, and go around finding matching cards to win prizes. The parents were definitely less enthusiastic than the kids, but I must give 100 points to the parents for putting so much thought into the planning.
Joey with the birthday girl - Sharlotte. =)
We were among the first few to arrive at the party, as you can see.
Once all the kids have arrived, the programme started with songs and games. I took the chance to go do some marketing while Joey enjoyed herself at the party with her classmates. By the time I came back about an hour later, they had already cut the cake, and were still playing games (Yes the mum leading still!). What a very full party programme. Haha! The finale programme was a impersonation contest for the kids - Every kid was supposed to choose a character they wanted to be, and do an action that demonstrated that character in a catwalk. I thought it was such a difficult task for young kids! And true enough, almost all the kids didn't want to do that, so they just got every kid to sing a song or do a dance instead. =X
The highlight of the party was always the pinatta, and the kids took turns to be blindfolded and tried hitting the pinatta. Joey missed, and felt very sore about it. Haha.
That was our first void deck birthday party, and a very full-filled and packed one it was! =D