Friday, June 15, 2012

My Birthday Kicked Started With Yummy Food!

Last night, I went out with some good friends for an early birthday celebration because I'm flying off tonight. Since G12 went bonkers, I used hubby's Nikon DSLR, and I LOVE how the photos turned out! I am so tempted to get a DSLR, but practically-speaking, it's too big and bulky for me. Then again, a good camera makes so much difference to the quality of the photographs!

We had a nice dinner at PS' Lao Beijing, and even though they are quite pricey, I really like their food!

DSC_0433

We were served two appetizer dishes, but I didn't quite fancy them. This was a wasabi-flavoured cabbage...

DSC_0435

and this was a slightly spicy one that tasted somewhat like Szechuan soup. I like the second dish better. =)

DSC_0441

Everyone was served the Eight Treasures Tea as recommended by the staff. It was obviously a very healthy tea with red dates, chrysanthemum, wolfberries and other healthy stuffs. I can only say that I prefer normal tea though. =P By the way, each pax costs $3 (refillable) for the tea!

DSC_0436

Spicy & sour soup, which was thick, flavourful and packed with ingredients.

DSC_0448

Spicy chicken bits. Very appetizing and yummy! Goes best with steamed rice.

DSC_0449

Bai Ling Mushrooms with Vegetables. Refreshing and light.

DSC_0450

Ma Po Toufu with Sliced Fish in the background. The fish was very fresh and cooked to perfection.

DSC_0451

And my most favourite dish of the night had to be this Salted Egg Yolk Prawns. So delicious!!!

DSC_0453

Ended with deep dried pancake with red bean paste. It was just the right sweetness, and piping hot when served!

DSC_0454

I had a great dinner, and a good time of hanging out with my best friends. Thank you for spending time with me, friends! =)

I'm going to the airport in less than 12 hours!  In the meantime, I'll be updating my social media on updates of my trip when I am in Gold Coast, so you can follow me on Twitter and Facebook if you have not done so! =)

See you folks when I am back! =D