Did you know that Singapore Botanic Gardens is the only such garden in the world that's open 7 days a week from 5am to 12 midnight, absolutely free-of-charge?
It's been around for so long that I am sure many Singaporeans take it for granted. The truth is, for a country with land as scarce as ours, it's almost a luxury to have a garden like this. We ought to treasure and enjoy our botanic gardens as much as we can. I always love visiting the place, because there's plenty of space for my kids to run and jump around, and the greens do so much good to my eyes and soul. And have I mentioned it's free-of-charge? Anything free is much appreciated in Singapore, period.
From the visitor's centre, we saw some wood sculptures along the way - They were all carvings of animals from a whole log of trunk. Impressive details, I say.
In case you are wondering why my kids look like that in the next few photographs - They instantly morphed into butterflies the moment we stepped into the garden, don't ask me why. They flew for such a distance, I was almost won over by their enthusiasm.
I love it that there are lots of learning points in the Garden. As we strolled along, I could point out interesting plants and those with odd leaf shapes to my kids. Of course, the whole experience is made even more interesting because there're small rivers here and there, huge Swan's Lake where we met several swans, and also a mini waterfall near the Ginger Garden. Enjoy this photographic journey through Botanic Gardens with my kids! :)
Plan a trip to Botanic Gardens soon, won't ya? Fresh air and green trees await you. :)