Sunday, December 29, 2013

3 Reasons Why I Love My Airfryer

Advertorial

Many friends read my first post on the Philips Avance XL Airfryer and asked me whether it was really that good. My answer has always been, “Yes, it’s really that good.” Of course, my Airfryer cannot promise to cook anything and everything in it, but the truth is, it delivers good quality dishes at a healthier level using a much shorter time. What more can I ask for?

To speak the truth, there are way too many options out there in the market nowadays that promises healthier cooking methods and with greater efficiency. I used to be pretty skeptical about it because it sounds too good to be true. That was the precise reason why I got so curious about the Philips Avance XL Airfryer. I am a big fan of fried food, and everyone knows how unhealthy they are. To be told that I can continue my lifestyle of eating fried food, but with less or even zero amount of oil, is too enticing an option.

This is considered the King of Comfort Food in my opinion:

SPAM FRIES

IMG_1684

I cannot overemphasize how much I love spam fries. It’s an embodiment of everything I like in foods. I didn’t use to make it so often at home because of so many reasons – I will smoke up the whole kitchen and it will stink for the rest of the day, and the mere thought of heating up the wok full of oil and then tediously wash it clean thereafter is enough to put me off. That brings me to the main message of my post today:

image

1. No OIL!

Philips unique Rapid Air Technology allows me to fry with air (literally!) to make food that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Little or no oil is needed to ensure perfect texture and  delicious results. Less/no oil = Healthy eating! In fact, As a full-time working mom, even though I only cook during weekends, I want to make sure I serve up the healthiest and heartiest meals for my little ones. Their favorite salmon is best done using the Airfryer – I can’t even get the same effect with other conventional ovens!

IMG_2092

2. It’s FAST!

I love how fast the whole cooking process is, seriously. I enjoy cooking, but I really don’t have the patience or the time to wait for dishes that need a long cooking time. The Airfryer helps me get meals on the table in less than 30 minutes flat, most of the time. It is by far the most efficient cooking unit in my kitchen! When I just want to fix up a quick snack or just simple munchies to fill my stomach, the Airfryer can give me french fries or spam fries in 10 minutes!

 IMG_9822 IMG_1684

3. You can FRY, GRILL, ROAST, BAKE & GRATINATE!

When I first heard of the Airfryer, I thought it was so wonderful that it can make all the fried foods that I love. What I didn’t know was that it not only fries, but it can grill, roast and even bake! That’s really unbelievable, I know. But it’s true. In fact, from what I heard, it makes perfect chocolate lava cakes!! Yes, I am totally going to make them for my upcoming Christmas party with my friends. I used to lament that I don’t have a proper oven in the kitchen to make nice cakes. But it seems my Airfryer can totally fill in the gap! And speaking of which, I might also try to make some pigs in blanket and chicken wings?? These are all perfect party snacks!

 IMG_0041

May I say it again? I LOVE MY PHILIPS AVANCE XL AIRFRYER! :)

SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR READERS OF THE J BABIES

Cook with Air today! Quote [The J Babies] and buy the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer at $399 (Usual price: $459), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER and Philips Avance XL Airfryer at $479 (Usual price: $539), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER at the PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM. This promotion is valid from 1st December till 31st January 2014.
Limited to 1 Airfryer per person. NRIC must be produced.
PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM
Address: 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh Building TP4 Level 1 S(319762)
Tel: 6882 5800

Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00 am – 7.00 pm Saturday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.

The Philips Viva Digital Airfryer and Philips Avance XL Airfryer are also available at regular prices in leading electronics stores, department stores and supermarkets island-wide.

P/S: The J Babies received complimentary unit of the Philips Avance XL AirFryer for purpose of review, as well as monetary compensation to use and review the unit. All opinions and photographs are my own.