Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Polliwogs Opens At VivoCity!

Media Invite

I love indoor playgrounds, I really do. Especially after my kids got old and independent enough to go crazy at the playground all by themselves, indoor playground time means relax time for daddy & mummy. What’s not to love?

IMG_5095

And so last weekend, we got invited to the latest indoor playground to open at VivoCity, and as expected, the kids had a really crazy and fun time in there. In fact, they have been asking everyday when we are going back again – That should mean they really enjoyed themselves. I can totally understand – The playground’s new and colorful with lots of fun elements thrown into one space. The moment you step into it, you hear laughter and screeches of delight everywhere. To the kids, that’s probably what heaven feels like.

IMG_5066

The husband brought the kids to The Polliwogs first because I had another appointment to attend to. When I arrived, the kids had already been playing for an hour, and it took me a while to find them in the maze. I was expecting them to be really excited to see me, but all I got was a half-hearted ‘Oh, hello mummy!’ and then they rushed off to continue playing. It was more like a, ‘Sorry, I don’t have time to talk now.’ But I totally understand – In an indoor playground, time is precious and cannot be wasted on saying hi to mum. Especially in a really fun playground like Polliwogs. =.=

IMG_5073

I went around investigating the new facility – all the kids seemed to be really enjoying themselves, which is a good thing. This particular Polliwogs seemed smaller than the other outlets I’ve visited, but it’s got the signature mascots everywhere and the ball-shooting which my girls LOVE. It’s a war zone in there and I avoid it at all costs.

IMG_5068 IMG_5082 IMG_5083 IMG_5070 IMG_5071

My personal favorite park of an indoor playground is always the ball pit. As a kid, I love burying myself in one, and now my kids do too. I still love it now because it’s got to be the most photogenic part in a playground. Don’t you love the colors?? =D

IMG_5079 IMG_5081

The toddlers’ area is perfect for the little ones who want to join in the fun but are at the danger of being thrashed by the older kids in the main playground structure. Here, they can enjoy themselves in a ‘safer’ environment and still have much fun! Everything here is heavily padded to cushion any possible knocks or falls.

IMG_5096

The kids have their personal favorite spots in The Polliwogs as well. For Joey, it’s this mini flying fox thing that she kept going back & forth at. She’s got the arm strength which I don’t.

IMG_5074 IMG_5075

As for Jayne, she was really proud of herself that she could scale the wall - This mini rock climbing wall is totally cool!

IMG_5093 IMG_5094

Swing by The Polliwogs at VivoCity soon with your kids, and you can sure they will have a great time there. While they are doing that, you can perhaps relax with a coffee in hand at the cafe and have a great time yourself. :)

IMG_5086 

The Polliwogs @ VivoCity
Level 3, Linkway towards HarbourFront (Opposite Marché)