Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Restaurant On A Budget: Bangkok Jam

 

image

On my last date with the husband, we had to run an errand at Wheelock Place and chanced upon Bangkok Jam restaurant, so decided to have our lunch there. Friends who have tried Bangkok Jam told me that the food’s decent and prices very reasonable, so I’ve been meaning to try it one of these days. So glad we did!

The interior of the restaurant reminded me of New York somehow – very modern and contemporary. Love the bold text designs on the tables.

IMG_5568 IMG_5571 IMG_5572

This should be a good choice for large group dinner dates. :)

 IMG_5574 IMG_5575

I ordered an appetizer dish at less than $5 – Warm Pomelo Salad with Prawns. I liked it very much! Sweet and tangy.

IMG_5579

My main course was Seafood Phad Thai – One of the better ones I’ve tried actually. Most phad thai I’ve tried were usually too sweet. This had the right level of sweetness and very fragrant.

IMG_5577 

The husband had a hot bowl of noodles in Tom Yum broth – Very flavorful but the portion was quite small, I thought.

IMG_5582 

Our main courses cost about $8.50 each as they were part of a special noodle menu available during lunchtime. Their usual price is between $11 - $13, so having lunch at Bangkok Jam is quite worth it. Anyway, I think the food’s really quite good, so I will not hesitate to visit again. Love Thai cuisine! :)