Friday, April 11, 2014

Birthday Goody Bags Made Easy with 3M Tapes!

Product Review

I seriously thought that when my girl enters Primary School, I do not need to worry about birthday goody bags anymore but I AM SO WRONG.

The girl came back home one fine day and declared aloud that her classmates held a birthday party in school during their 30-minute recess time and that, as a matter of fact, she would like to have the same. It took much persuasion on my part that a birthday party in school would not be necessary, because she would be having a party elsewhere. She agreed on the party part, but insisted that goody bags are COMPULSORY. I thought initially that it’s pretty easy to prepare goody bags for her class, but her list became longer and longer because there were many friends from other classes that she would like to include. In the end, I have to prepare a grand total of 42 goody bags (Her class only has 29!). Thankfully, I was able to get all the goody bags decorated and packed in time – All thanks to 3M’s decorative tapes!

 image001

If you still do not know, 3M has produced a series of expressions tapes which are functional as well as adhesive and colorful. These tapes not only make our crafts prettier, they also make the whole process faster and easier! This is especially useful for busy moms like me – Saves me lots of time, and it’s so easy to use them that even my kids can help me. With more than 55 colours and patterns inspired by the latest trends, you can unroll something amazing with Scotch® Expressions Magic™, Washi, and Masking Tapes and turn anything into a whimsical celebration!

3M sent over some tapes just in time. Love the prints on these tapes – So cheery-looking!

IMG_7345 IMG_7347

Bought brown paper bags and I decorated every bag with two different patterned tapes each. This whole process is fuss-free and simple, and can be done in no time at all! As you can see, the green masking tape was my favorite. =P

IMG_7351 IMG_7350

When the decorations’ done, we started our production line and the girls helped to put the titbits into the bags.

IMG_7553 IMG_7554

For every bag, I also made tags that had matching tape designs to go along.

IMG_7557

All 42 packed! After the titbits were put into the bags, I did a single fold at the top, punched a hole and tied up every bag with its tag.

IMG_7559

How do you like this?? Love the matchy matchy! The husband asked me whether anyone would notice the matching bags and tags – But it’s for my own satisfaction more than anything else I guess! =P

IMG_7560 

Thank you 3M for helping to make my life easier! :D

image clip_image003

You know, if you allow your creative juices to flow and just be a little crazy, the new 3M tapes can be used in so many other ways. Apart from decorating birthday goody bags, you can give your stuffs (or your kids’ stuffs) a quick makeover or create your own crafts.

Get a head start by visiting MyActivityRoom.com and have fun with various creative projects using the 3M Scotch® Expressions Tapes, or upload and showcase your own imaginative works! There are many interesting projects you can do!

Suitable for a variety of home and office uses as well as projects, the Scotch® Expressions Magic™, Washi and Masking Tapes are designed to stick on a wide variety of surfaces for both permanent and temporary applications. They can be removed cleanly, and can also be written on with a pen, pencil or marker. These tapes retail at $3.90-$9.90 (w/GST), and are available at selected POPULAR bookstores and other leading retailers from mid-March 2014.