Friday, May 09, 2014

Cafe Recommendation: Windowsill In The Woods

I love cafes with a good decor, especially those with a whimsical theme. So glad I visited such a cafe with my good pals last week!

Cafe-hoppers should not be unfamiliar with Windowsill In The Woods located at Jalan Besar area. It’s along the same stretch as The Bravery Cafe, which I shared recently, so it’s definitely good to visit both on the same day. Windowsill In The Woods is known for their wonderful pies, and they are really as good as hearsay!

I really like the shop front - That little wooden mailbox is adorable!

IMG_8116 IMG_8117

The cafe makes a great impression when you step in - I wish every cafe in Singapore would make such efforts to dress up their interiors!

IMG_8120  IMG_8125 IMG_8126 IMG_8133
IMG_8121

The bright yellow SMEG fridge made such a visual statement – Love it!

IMG_8127

While the shop serves up only sweet pies and no savory pies, they do have other food options such as pastas, burgers, soups and small bites as well. Of course, they also have the usual coffees and teas.

IMG_8128

Their pie selection for the day. It was our first visit there, so we got the shop assistant to recommend their best-selling pies.

IMG_8130 IMG_8131 IMG_8132

And this was what we got! Strawberry lemon pie and Chocolate Mint pie – Both were yummy though I prefer the sour one better. :)

IMG_8135

Ordered a pot of rose chamomile tea to go along with the pies – Comfort food to the max!

IMG_8137 

Love this cafe - I’ll be back again. :)

Windowsill In The Woods
78 Horne Road