Monday, May 26, 2014

Canon Photography Workshop

Media Invite

I’ve never really attended many photography workshops before, but the one I attended last Saturday was interesting and insightful.

The workshop was organized by Canon at Fidgets World, and taught by an ex photo-journalist, Lee Xing Shang, and there were many good tips I took away from the workshop. Truth be told – I do not aspire to be a top photographer and I have no interest in fiddling with aperture or ISO. I just want a camera that would allow me to snap on auto mode and get the quality shots I want. The workshop was useful to me because it did not touch on the technical parts (which would surely bore me to death). Instead, Lee shared very practical tips on how he captures photographs of his son and wife on a daily basis. Because of his background as a photo journalist, I was very inspired by how every photo he captures tells a story, and how a thought that pops up in his mind on a spur of a moment can motivate him to whip out his camera for a shot. It helped that he was super humorous and very charismatic – I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and felt inspired to capture better shots from now on.

IMG_8674

While the husband and I were picking up photography tips, the kids were brought to a cupcake-making class, much to their delight. They each made 2 cupcakes with frosting and 2 with fondant, and they were so mighty proud of them. Their focused expression tell it all!

IMG_8694

IMG_8686 IMG_8687 IMG_8682 IMG_8703 IMG_8705 IMG_8714 IMG_8716 IMG_8717 IMG_8721 IMG_8722  IMG_8725

Thanks Canon for a fruitful Saturday afternoon! Now, I should get started on practicing those tips.