Thursday, May 22, 2014

The 5-Year-Old Class Party

Celebrating birthdays in the childcare centre is the best. Not only do you have a ready group of guests, you also get a professional party host (the Class Teacher) who is able to control the guests and lead the whole party in an orderly manner. Plus, it’s cheap – No venue costs, and no need to prepare drinks because it’s provided by the centre. Fuss-free and usually very enjoyable for the birthday girl/boy. Yesterday was Jayne’s birthday party in her childcare centre and she relished every bit of the attention showered upon her – It was so obvious from her beaming smiles throughout.

I didn’t want to splurge on a birthday cake because the kids really don’t appreciate it that much anyway. I did consider getting a rainbow cake, but the cost was enough to wake up my senses. In the end, I decided to go for a basic cake but decorate it with cake toppers. I didn’t need to think too much – Frozen cake-toppers it would be, and I was glad my baker friend had a set to sell to me. It was near impossible for me to find it elsewhere 2 days before the party. The cake toppers were adorable, and I was more willing to spend on these because they could become toys after the party.

IMG_8625 IMG_8627 IMG_8628

And this was a simple bunting cake topper I made with twine, washi tape and (ahem) disposable chopsticks. =P

IMG_8629

As expected, when I brought out the cake and started putting the cake toppers onto it, the kids all got very excited. All of a sudden, they broke forth into ‘Let it go’ song in unison. True story.

IMG_8635 

Thankfully the kids didn’t ask me how come snow is brown in color. I was all prepared to tell them a tale of how Elsa and Anna decided to take a holiday to the Rocky Mountains with Olaf and Flynn, and they found pink watermelons there.

IMG_8647 

It was a simple party but the smiles on my girl’s face was priceless. She loves hanging out with her friends and she speaks fondly of her teachers (and even cleaners and Aunties) all the time. Celebrating for her in school must make her really happy. :)

IMG_8654 IMG_8655 IMG_8663 IMG_8646

If you’ve been following this blog, this fair-skinned boy next to Jayne is Javier. =P

IMG_8650 IMG_8668IMG_8660 IMG_8661 IMG_8662

Jayne’s goody bags this year are purple-striped tied with rainbow polka dotted ribbons, which she helped to pack. :)

IMG_8632 

This is only Part 1 of her 5th birthday celebration. Part 2’s coming up later part of this week. =)