Monday, June 02, 2014

Ideas For Kids’ Room Decor – Part 1

I recently revamped one of the rooms in my house to turn it into the kids’ room, and I had so much fun doing this project.

It first begun with a repainting of the room walls into the girls’ favorite color – baby pink. Even though it was tedious work done mostly by the husband, I bet he felt very pleased with it when the girls exclaimed how much they love it. It was the prettiest shade of pink in my opinion (yep, I chose it), and absolutely princessy and perfect for my babes.

We bought a bunk bed and a study table for the girls from IKEA, and I did up some simple decorations as well. Everything was simple because we plan to shift in the near future, but I enjoyed the whole process so much. Sharing some of the bits of my kids’ room today, and if you are also planning to revamp your kids’ room, hopefully you can get some ideas and inspiration from mine. :)

I hung a string on the wall above the kids’ study table, and used decorated pegs to pin up my Printic photos of the girls. This is easy and simple, and allows me to change the photos whenever I want.

IMG_8605 
IMG_8612 IMG_8606

Tied pink ribbons on the kids’ chairs from IKEA. It so happens that there were holes in the design of the chairs, so to make the white chairs less plain, I copied the idea from weddings I’ve attended for this. The girls love it of course - Anything pink pleases them.

IMG_8607

I found some old wooden alphabets that I bought to form both girls’ names many years ago, and this time round, I dressed them up with washi tapes and then stick them onto the upper and lower decks of the bunk bed to label the girls’ beds respectively. Love the burst of colors!

IMG_8614 IMG_8622

Besides pinning up the girls’ photos, I also managed to fit them into IKEA’s wooden frames. 2 printic photos fit perfectly in each frame.

IMG_8609 IMG_8610 IMG_8611

They now hang nicely on the side of the girls’ wardrobe, right at the door entrance.

IMG_8616

With the same frame, colored paper and some washi tape, I also did a simple signage for the kids’ bedroom door.

IMG_8624 

I’ll share more in Part 2 another day. Happy Monday, everybody! =D