Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Changi Recommends AIS Traveler SIM Card

Sponsored Review

I love to travel and I really love to share my experiences on-the-go because that’s when I can express my emotions in the best way possible. When I am immersed in the whole atmosphere, my feelings and emotions are the most real and sharing it there and then puts the most appropriate captions into my head. Such social media posts are often heart-felt and most genuine.

When Changi Recommends heard that I was going to Phuket for a family holiday, they recommended that I bring along a AIS Traveler SIM Card. I always ensure that I have internet access whenever I am traveling, but that often comes with a high price to pay. By subscribing to the unlimited internet access plan provided by my Telco, I have to pay S$18 per day and that is certainly not cheap when my holiday spans five days or more. Now that I’m acquainted with the AIS Traveler SIM Card, I can think of 3 reasons why I would never go for alternatives whenever I travel to Thailand from now on:

1. Very Affordable and Value-for-Money

The AIS Traveler SIM Card provided to me by Changi Recommends costs only S$13 (!!!!) and provides me with 7 days of unlimited internet access and free 100baht worth of talk time. If this is not value-for-money, I don’t know what is. I spent a total of 5 days in Phuket and throughout my stay, the internet access was stable and high-speed! My hotel stay also provided me with complimentary in-room wifi network but it was no where near what AIS Traveler SIM Card gave me.

IMG_7691

The SIM Card came with simple instructions on activation that I could follow through easily even though I’m absolutely bad with such technical things.

2. Keeps Me Connected Throughout My Travels

Having internet access while overseas is such an important thing. I used my phone to check my emails, read blogs, research on interesting places to visit, check for directions on the Google maps, stay connected with my contacts, check Facebook (thejbabies) and Instagram  (@klessislee) and of course post updates on various social media platforms. These are just some of the photos I posted on Instagram during my holiday, and it was so much fun interacting with my friends as they ask about some of my experiences. Such interactions and sharing would not be possible if I did not have internet access! I believe that would make my holiday less fun on the whole.

image image

3. Convenient

Changi Recommends has booths conveniently located at the public arrival halls of Changi Airport, so it is very convenient for you to purchase the AIS Traveler SIM Card online and pick it up just before you leave for your trip.

IMG_7685

They have friendly service staff who will be most glad to answer any questions you have about the deals they have and guide you through your purchases. Aside from AIS Travellers SIM cards, travellers can purchase either EG SIM card (S.Korea) or PCCW Hong Kong SIM card, depending on the destination. Rental of overseas wifi routers is also available and pick-up and return are all easy and hassle-free at the booths.

Thank you Changi Recommends for making my Phuket family trip such a happy and connected one, and for introducing the AIS Traveler SIM Card to me. I would definitely use that again when I next travel to Thailand! You totally should too.

Changi Recommends
http://www.changirecommends.com/index.aspx
https://www.facebook.com/ChangiRecommends

P/S: The J Babies received financial compensation as well as a AIS Traveler SIM Card for purpose of this sponsored review. All opinions and photographs are solely mine.