Monday, August 31, 2015

That Dining Table In My House

Sponsored Review

Now, let’s face it. Most of us live in a house where space is limited. Because of that, things in our house are often multi-purpose in nature. The best example I can think of is my dining table. The dining table in my house is not only used for dining, it’s also for many other functions. In fact, I think we spend the most amount of time as a family around our dining table. Here are 5 functions of that dining table in my house – Let’s see whether it’s the same as yours!

1. That Dining Table Is For Family Dinners.

Well, of course. Every meal in the house was enjoyed at that dining table. My all-time favorite family meal is always steamboat and I love it that I have a round dining table that makes family dinner really enjoyable. :)

IMG_1004IMG_1006

Because the dining table is used for different functions throughout the day, the way I ‘transform’ it quickly for a particular function is to use boxes to hold the essential items needed for that period of time. We’ve got a box that holds the cutlery such as spoons, chopsticks, forks and little dishes for sauces. Once we are done eating, we clear the box to the kitchen so that it does not take up extra space, and the table can be used for the next function. Hassle-free!

IMG_1098  IMG_1099
VARIERA Box – $3.90

Even a meal-for-one at the dining table is enjoyable. A mummy loves her me-time anytime! =D

IMG_1107
PROPPMÄTT Wooden chopping board – $5.90
NIPPRIG 2015 Place Mat – $1.90

2. That Dining Table Is For Studying.

Err… yes. The kids don’t like to do their homework in the room as it gets pretty warm during the day. The dining table is right smack in the living room, where all the actions take place, so they enjoy doing their homework there as well.

IMG_1094

When it comes to homework time, out comes this box which holds all the stationeries such as pencils, rulers, pens, etc. The box is portable and convenient, and makes tidying up really fast. Plus, you get everything you need in there.

IMG_1096

3. That Dining Table Is For Coffee Breaks.

There is a sheer sense of happiness when I bring out the box that contains little snacks and instant coffee etc. Coffee breaks at the dining table with family and friends, while chit chatting about this and that in our lives – Sheer bliss!

IMG_1103

4. That Dining Table Is For Doodling.

Jayne gets pretty bored when Joey is doing her homework, so she does her doodling instead. The dining table is great for that as well, of course!

IMG_0976

By the way, these Mala colored pens I found at Ikea are really cheap and good. They’ve brought much to Jayne’s doodling sessions. Great for preschoolers.

IMG_1111
MALA Felt-tip pens $3.90/12pieces

5. That Dining Table Is For Art & Craft.

Well, yes I do all my art & craft on my dining table as well. I mean, why not? It’s well-lit, spacious, flat, stable and I could do all my crafting while watching TV at the same time!

Speaking of which, these craft materials I found at Ikea are just gorgeous and exactly the way I wanted it to be. I used the boxes when I want to wrap a gift that’s odd-shaped, and with just some simple strings, the gift can look so presentable! And how about those gift tags?! Too lovely! Best of all, everything is wonderfully priced. If you are a craft person, you should totally rush to Ikea like now.

IMG_0967  IMG_0970
HEMSMAK gift tags – $3.50 for 32 pieces
Boxes, Set of 3 – Can’t remember the price but it was less than $5 for 3.

There you have it – The 5 functions of the dining table in my house! It’s by far the most utilized piece of furniture in my house, and everyone loves it! =D

Disclosure: This post has been inspired by Ikea and some of the products featured in this post are bought with Ikea gift cards provided by Ikea Singapore. All photographs and opinions expressed in this post are solely mine.