Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I Conquered 5km With Skechers!

Product Review

You know, I’ve never really been the running sort.

The longest distance I’ve run at one stretch is probably maximum 3km. So, when the husband said that we were going to take part in the M.A.D Run 2015, which required us to run 5km, I was a little apprehensive. First of all, I don’t have a proper pair of running shoes (nor my kids for that matter). My only pair of sports shoes was suitable for the Zumba and Body Combat classes I go for at my gym, but it was not a suitable pair of shoes for running. Secondly, I had no idea how my legs could survive a 5km run!

And so, I turned to Skechers for help. I’ve heard so many raving comments from friends who are fans of Skechers, that the shoes are perfect for running, and I wanted to experience it for myself. Plus, to conquer a 5km run, I need all the help I can get. Skechers very kindly agreed to sponsor running shoes for my whole family, much to our delight. So, about 3 weeks ago, we popped by the Skechers store at ION and collected our shoes. I didn’t expect them to be so colorful! I posted it on Instagram and my friends all agreed with me that they looked very happy indeed.

Capture

To be frank, I was very surprised when I tried on my pair of Skechers for the first time. It was not only comfortable and very well-cushioned, it was extremely light! I don’t think I’ve tried on a pair of sports shoes that lightweight before! It was only later on that my running friends shared with me I could tell how good a pair of running shoes is by its weight and comfort. Those features would help me a great deal in a race.

The night before the race, I prepared the shoes side by side in front of the couch. Don’t they look awesome? =D

IMG_2016IMG_2017

Bright and early last Saturday, we were all ready for our 5km race at Sentosa. Look at us in our cheery yellow race tees and colorful running shoes!

IMG_2019

Even my kids commented that they loved their running shoes, because they were so comfortable. Both of them are not fans of sports shoes, because they see them as “shoes for boys”, but I think Skechers changed their perspective completely. Since we got the shoes, Joey has been wearing her purple running shoes very often. The truth is, kids are often the most fussy people around - They would only wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable for them.

IMG_2018

IMG_2026

I love to see my kids in their running shoes – So sporty and smart-looking!

IMG_2023  IMG_2022IMG_2027

And the race began! I was a little nervous, but the kids were raring to go!

IMG_2028IMG_2031

I was mightily proud of the kids, because they kept going and going. Joey, especially, ran for 2km at full speed without stopping for once! In fact, she was running way ahead of the rest of us all by herself. I was very surprised, actually. The last race we went to, she walked most of the distance!

IMG_2035

When we finished the race after an hour or so, we were all exhausted and complaining of aching legs, but there was a sense of satisfaction that was indescribable. We accomplished a race together as a family, and that was amazing!

IMG_2042

IMG_2047

With our bright orange medals and looking all sweaty! =D I asked Joey after the race what kept her going and not stopping halfway through, like the previous race we went for, she said the running shoes played a big part. She felt that the shoes were comfortable and helped her to keep running with a sprint. Wow! That resonated with what I felt too! The shoes were well-cushioned and provided good support for my legs during the run. In fact, even though it was my first time covering 5km, my legs did not feel as tired out as the previous runs. Now, I am totally convinced that a good pair of running shoes make a huge difference! Skechers is definitely my choice from now on.

IMG_2045

Final shot with the rest of my blogger friends who were involved in the race as well. Kudos to everyone who completed the race! =D

IMG_2048

Hop down to any of the Skechers stores in Singapore to check out their wide selection of shoes. Their kids range is huge and very nice!! In fact, they recently opened their first Kids store at Tampines Mall #03-06 – You got to bring your kids there to see the shoes! They will love it, for sure.

image

Thank you once again, Skechers for sponsoring the running shoes for my family!

 

Disclosure: The J Babies was sponsored running shoes for the purpose of this review. All photographs and opinions in this post are solely ours.