Thursday, May 26, 2016

5 First Impressions Of LEAGOO Shark 1 That Wowed Me

Product Review
I’m going to begin by saying that I am not a tech or gadget blogger, so don’t expect anything with too many technical details in this post. Rather, I am a gadget lover and I love to fiddle with all kinds of gadgets, especially mobile phones. Before the spanking new LEAGOO Shark 1 reached my hands, several features I heard about it already got me super excited. As a user, is the LEAGOO Shark 1 a good phone to possess in comparison to many competing brands and models in the market? Here are my first impressions of the phone - less than a week into trying it – and I think it looks promising already.
SLEEK & MINIMALIST PACKAGING
I have a soft spot for all things minimalist. It makes everything look sleek and tidy, and so very stylish. That is exactly what you can expect from a Shark 1 packaging. A black rectangular box opens up to the mobile phone facing you, and accessories packed neatly in individual boxes.
2
STYLISH PHONE DESIGN
First look at the Shark 1 and you will notice that there are no buttons below the screen at all. Upon touch, three buttons light up and you can navigate anywhere easily. Because of that, the phone looks really neat and sleek and the whole body looks smaller than similar phone models in the market. The only drawback is that the phone is rather heavy and may not be comfortable if users like to keep their phones in pockets. For ladies, we usually keep our phones in our bags, so it’s not too much of a problem.
1
SUPER FAST-CHARGE & LONG-LASTING BATTERY
I know I shouldn’t jump right to the battery size but I am way too excited to leave this till later! Battery power is a big concern, especially for many of us who are out eight to ten hours a day and we are constantly using our phone for work and recreation purposes. Shark 1 comes with an impressive 6300mAh Lithium-Polymer battery which is equipped with a  3A fast charge technology. This means that you only need to charge the phone for 30 minutes and you can use the phone for one whole day without charging again! At full charge, the phone supports more than 770 hours of standby time or 72 hours of general usage (That’s 3 days, for goodness’ sake!) If you are always watching some online videos (like me!), or listening to music (like me!), that’s 25 hours of online video or 49 hours of music for you, without recharging! Say what?!
In fact, the battery is so powerful that it can even be used as a power bank to charge other mobile phones! All you need is a suitable cable that connects the Shark 1 to the phone that you need to power up. Can I say that I am VERY IMPRESSED?
BIG SCREEN WITH VIBRANT DISPLAYS
IMG_9018
Shark 1 comes with a full HD screen of 6.0” inches by LG, with a resolution of up to 1980*1080. Its display panel comprising the LTPS technology coupled with a pixel density of up to 368 ppi brings users an incredible viewing experience, not only on video playback but also while surfing the Internet. The screen brightness is 30% brighter than a standard LCD screen, yet reduces power consumption by 20%. For someone like me, who watches Korean dramas on my phone while commuting, this phone cannot be more perfect. I can testify that the viewing experience was more than enjoyable – I love the big screen and the great resolution! Not only that, the Shark 1 is also fitted with Corning 3rd Gorilla Glass, making the screen smooth, scratch-resistant, and extremely robust. No worries about accidentally scratching the screen due to rough handling!
GREAT CAMERA
For many of us, one of the features we always look out for when choosing a phone is the camera quality. LEAGOO Shark 1 comes with a Sony 13MP BSI rear camera and a 5 megapixel front camera with F2.0 large aperture. This means that while the phone can take superb scenery and food shots, it can also take great selfies! With a phone camera of this level of quality, there is really no need to lug our heavy DSLRs anywhere else anymore!
3
IS THE LEAGOO SHARK 1 WORTH GETTING?
The Shark 1 was launched in end of April and was sold out to distributors (100+ stores) in Singapore. The phone has recently just been restocked at the retail stores since 23 May 2016, so I guess that says a lot about how popular the phone is. Currently, there are no telco tie-up to this phone and it retails at $399 (without contract). My verdict? For a phone packed with so many great features (and especially with that kind of battery life), I think it’s a GREAT STEAL at that price.
I’ll be testing the phone for the next couple of weeks and I’ll be back with a more detailed review from a user point of view, to see if the wonderful features of the phone are valid and true! Stay tuned for that.

Do check out our review on Crizal Prevencia Lenses as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment