Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Holiday Inn Introduces New Kids Menu!

Media Invite

A couple of weekends ago, we were invited for a really fun food art workshop at Holiday Inn Atrium. Food art is not new to me and I have done several creations on my own while preparing bento lunches for my kids. This collaboration between Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Food Artist, Samantha Lee is to encourage fun dining, where five dishes from the nutritionally-balanced new menu are transformed into kid-friendly works of art. I love the idea of making food look good so that it is appealing and appetizing for the person eating it. So imagine how much fun we had that day with Samantha, as she guided us through simple steps to creating our very own food art!

IMG_8780|IMG_8787

Kids love to ‘play’ with their food and how happy they were to be able to do it legitimately that day! =P

IMG_8792

Samantha did a step-by-step demonstration of a few dishes, as she shared tips from her own experiences. I can totally relate to her, as my own bento-making journey also began because my elder daughter was picky about the food she ate. I suppose all parents go through similar phases in life! As I reminisced fondly about those days when I had to struggle to feed the kids, I was glad food art helped me through that tough period. Not only did the kids start to eat better, it was therapeutic for me as well.

IMG_8800 IMG_8806IMG_8807 IMG_8823IMG_8830IMG_8866  IMG_8873  IMG_8874

Then it was the kids’ turn to work their magic on their food art! They were raring to go with grand ideas, and had a lot of fun!

IMG_8876 IMG_8884

And our completed meh meh sheep made out of wholemeal spaghetti with bolognaise and a cucumber sun shining brightly above!

IMG_8892

The best part was how the kids slurped up everything in their creation after that. =D

IMG_8886

The new Kids menu has been launched at all Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts. Some of the dishes on offer as part of the Holiday Inn Kids Menu include Veggie Pitta Burger, Sushi Rolls, Spaghetti Bolognese, DIY Lettuce Cups, DIY Falafels and for dessert, kids can choose from favorites such as Apple Crumble, Fruit Popsicle and Banana Split, made with yoghurt instead of ice cream. You can book rooms and make the most of the ‘Kids Eat & Stay Free’* programme via the Holiday Inn website – www.holidayinn.com.