Friday, September 16, 2016

CoolSculpting with Halley Medical Aesthetics

Embarking on my slimming journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics must be one of the best decisions I made this year.

IMG_20160825_095628

It has been close to two months since I started on the medications and making conscious effort to maintain a balanced lifestyle of clean eating and exercising. So far, I have been very happy with the results and I feel motivated to keep up with it. I can’t wait to share more about the excess weight I have lost, and how much healthier I feel as a person right now. But before that, I’m going to share about CoolSculpting – a procedure that I went through recently as part of the whole slimming journey.

image

I don’t blame you if you have not heard of CoolSculpting.

In fact, I heard it for the first time when I stepped into Dr. Terence’s office in Halley Medical Aesthetics two months ago. Apparently, the CoolSculpting procedure is the world’s number 1 non-invasive fat-reduction process, with millions of treatments performed so far. It is a FDA-cleared procedure, so you can be assured that it is safe. With proven results all over the world, you can also be confident of its effectiveness. While maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps me to keep my weight in check, CoolSculpting helps me to get into the shape that I would like to have. After giving birth to two kids, the amount of fats piled onto my waist and tummy areas have caused my figure to go utterly out of shape. Of course, I can hide them under loose clothing but I have always wanted to get my slim figure back again.

So, what exactly is CoolSculpting and how does it work? Don’t be thrown off by this unfamiliar name because the principle behind it is really quite simple. Every one of us are born with fat cells in our bodies. The fat cells store fats to produce energy for our body’s internal work and physical activities. The moment we are born, the number of fat cells in our bodies will grow and multiply until we reach the age of five years old. Thereafter, the number of fat cells in our bodies become fixed and will not increase or decrease anymore. People who are plump will have bigger fat cells compared to thinner people. However, when they try to lose weight, their fat cells may decrease in size but not in numbers, which is why they tend to regain lost weight easily and rapidly as well.

What CoolSculpting does is to freeze away the fat cells and eliminate them from the body. Think of it as a simple three-step process:

1. Controlled and targeted freezing on desired part of the body.
2. Fat cells are killed – Our body naturally processes them and eliminates the dead cells.
3. The dead fat cells are eliminated from our bodies and gone for good.

CoolSculpting can target stubborn fat in the abdomen, thigh, flank (side), arms or under the chin. It is a permanent procedure and eliminated fat cells are gone forever, leaving you with a better and leaner body shape. My main problem areas are my tummy and the excess fats under the rib cage, so I was really excited to see what CoolSculpting can do to those stubborn fats that won’t go away, even though I was already exercising regularly. Dr. Terence assessed that I should have four areas treated and I went for my appointment three weeks ago. Some of the following images of my flabby tummy may be disturbing – Don’t say I didn’t warn you. But hey, isn’t that the very reason why I HAVE TO go for the CoolSculpting procedure?! =X

Pre CoolSculpting

Firstly, the problem areas have to be marked out so that the applicators can be applied accurately and easily later on.

DSC_1694a

A pinch-fat test is also done to assess the amount of excess fats that we are working on. It will also provide a yardstick to measure the effectiveness of the procedure later on.

DSC_1703

Presenting my colorful tummy with completed markings - Doesn’t this look like I was going for some complicated plastic surgery? Thankfully, CoolSculpting is non-invasive and pain-free! I wouldn’t be able to take any needle-poking or pain, that’s for sure.

DSC_1706a

During CoolSculpting

I was ushered into a room where I would receive my treatment in privacy and comfort. The CoolSculpting station sure looked cosy and comfortable!

DSC_1711

Next, the cooling moisturizing gel was applied onto the targeted areas to protect my skin during treatment and then, we are ready for the applicator to be applied.

DSC_1727a

Each CoolSculpting procedure takes one hour and because Halley Medical Aesthetics is one of the few centers that own two machines, I could work on two areas concurrently, shortening my total treatment time to two hours for four areas. This is one of the reasons why you should have your CoolSculpting done at Halley’s – Treatment time is halved!

The applicators felt like strong and powerful suctions when applied onto my tummy – During the first 30 seconds or so, I could feel the icy cold feeling as the freezing commenced. Gradually, as the area became numb, I didn’t feel much anymore.The kind folks at Halley Medical Aesthetics helped me feel comfortable by stuffing cushions around me and covering me with a blanket. It can get a little chilly after a while. Other than that, I felt comfortable and spent the time playing games on my phone. An hour passed really quickly and then the whole process was repeated on the other two areas.

DSC_1740a
DSC_1737a

After the applicators were removed, the clinic assistant helped to massage the ‘frozen fat cells’ to break them down. When I tried massaging them myself, they felt like semi-solid ice slushes – something like Slurpies? Those were the frozen and dead fat cells which will be eliminated by the body eventually. By massaging and breaking them down, we can speed up the elimination process. It was weird for me to touch them, yet also strangely exciting to see such a change on my tummy!

Post CoolSculpting

Currently at point of writing, it has been three weeks since I did the CoolSculpting procedure. My tummy still looks flabby but visibly less so. The flabbiness is within expectations because the elimination process takes about 3 months to complete. I will only see the final effectiveness at the end of 3 months. In the interim, I am already pretty amazed at the results. My best friend who sees me everyday in office tells me that she could see that my tummy has gone down. My husband who knows my body best, commented that he can see an obvious improvement. Personally, I could also feel the improvement especially when my jeans and pants now feel looser around the waist and tummy area. I no longer have to suck in very hard to hide my tummy bulge. I am so looking forward to seeing the final result at the end of 3 months!

To let you have a better understanding of the CoolSculpting procedure, watch this video clip that captured what I went through at Halley Medical Aesthetics, at their brand new space at Orchard Gateway. I had fun filming it and I love it that recorded my slimming journey thus far. I hope you feel inspired in some way or another, watching it!

* CoolSculpting Consultation Day *
If you are thinking of going for CoolSculpting with Halley Medical Aesthetics, this is the best time to check them out! Details and prices on their Facebook page!

In my third and final post, I will be sharing the final results of this Total Slimming Journey with Halley Medical Aesthetics and what I’ve achieved so far. Will I be able to attain all that I’ve set out to do at the beginning? Stay tuned. :)


Halley Medical Aesthetics
277 Orchard Road #03-15
Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858
T: 6737 8233 | www.halley.com.sg
FB & IG: @halleymedicalaesthetics
blog.halleymedicalaesthetics.com
https://plus.google.com/+HalleySgMedicalAesthetics