Friday, December 29, 2017

5 Reasons Why You Should Install Digital Locks For Your Home

Product Review

This is the first time that I’ve installed a digital lock for my home, and I can’t believe I’ve been living all my life without one.

IMG_2897

I’m not exaggerating, really. Anyone else who has digital locks installed at home would agree with me that they provide so much convenience and ease that we can never go back to the past where we still have to meddle with locks and keys. OK, I admit that my initial interest was sparked off by the Korean drama serials I had been watching (Koreans all have digital locks for their doors!), but now that I actually own one, I really think it’s the best thing ever. I don’t think you need to be convinced, but I’m still going to give you 5 reasons why you should go install one for your house now, ‘cos I’m nice like that. =P

1. No More Keys!

The most obvious reason, of course! I just grab my wallet and phone and dash out of the house without having to hunt high and low for my keys nowadays, and trust me, that’s like awesomeness magnified. I admit though, after a week of using the digital lock, I am still getting used to this convenience. This conversation goes on in my mind almost every time I need to step out of the house:

Me: Hey, wait where are my keys??
Me: Oh wait, NO NEED KEYS!
Me: Oh YA HOR! Yayyyyyyy!

I think you get my point.

2. Open The Door Yourself, People!

By people, I mean the ones living in the same house. My Schlage S-480 Digital Lock supplied and installed by AN Digital Lock works by number combination, so we just need to make sure that everyone in the house knows the number and everyone can come into the house on their own. It used to be that I would have to stay awake and open the door for the husband who goes jogging at midnight. Now, I can go to sleep in peace and he can come in on his own without having to bring any keys out. By the way, these folks from AN Digital Lock are the most wonderful folks – The marketing person was able to advise me on the most suitable digital lock for my family, and the guy who came to install the lock efficiently did it in less than 30 minutes, including sweeping and cleaning up the little mess he created by drilling a hole in my door for the lock. Great and efficient service overall! I highly recommend. :)

IMG_2898IMG_2887IMG_2888

3. No Worries About Lost Keys

Because no keys are required to open the doors to our house, we no longer need to worry about keys being misplaced or lost. It used to be that we were hesitant about giving the house keys to the kids because of that concern, but now even if the kids came home and found no one at home for some reason, they can still enter the house on their own.

4. Greater Security

Singapore may be a safe country and many Singaporeans leave their front doors open during the day, when one must never become complacent. The Schlage Digital Lock automatically locks within 2 seconds after the door is closed, making it hassle-free and security-enhanced. As a family with elderly and kids in the house, I feel safer that way. There is also no need to manually lock the door when we are leaving the house. Just close and door and that’s it!

IMG_2896

5. Visiting Family!

This may not happen often but if my mom or brother happen to pop by my house and we are not at home, I can just give them the number lock and they can enter the house on their own (The number combination can be easily changed and reset after that). Family members who are visiting need not wait outside the house until someone’s home!

I know you would have questions in your mind about digital locks – What should you do if you forget the number combination? What if you need to get out or into the house in times of emergency and the lock fails? What if the battery runs out? I understand! Because I had those same questions in my mind when I first had them installed. But we can all put our hearts at ease. Schlage Digital Locks are installed with safety features such as Emergency Warning System, Panic Release Handle Method, mechanical mortise locking method etc. Also, besides using the number combination, you can also tap and open the door easily with these access cards. Just tap and open – Easy and fast! The only thing is we still prefer to go by number lock method so that we are totally keyless. The cards can serve as backups if need be.

AN Digital Lock offers a wide selection of digital locks for metal gates or wooden doors, and even good bundle deals that includes digital locks for both gate and door, as well as a digital door viewer. Check https://andigitallock.com/collections/all to see all their products.

EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT CODE FOR THE J BABIES’ READERS!

AN Digital Lock has kindly offered a 10% discount for all our readers for digital locks. Just contact Ivan at +65 98798977 and quote klessis to get a 10% off your purchase. :)

This is one of the posts in our series – Making of Our Dream Home. Click on banner to read the other posts.

Making of our dream home icon

Disclosure: This is a collaboration with AN Digital Lock to review their products and services. All opinions and photos in this post are ours.