Thursday, December 28, 2017

Travels Made Easy With Klook

Media Review

One of the shocks I faced before my recent Japan trip with my kids was to realize that we probably could not make it for the last train out of Haneda Airport due to our late arrival time. Bleh.

20171117_053420-01

You see, I booked our flights on budget airline and it only dawned upon me a couple of weeks before the trip that because we would be arriving at an odd timing of 10.30pm in Tokyo and with immigration clearance, collection of check-in luggage and the long walk to the train station, we would probably not make it for the last train. Even if we rushed and managed to catch that last train out of Haneda Airport, we would miss the connecting train ride to our Airbnb, which was located in one of the suburbs. Just thinking of that alone gave me a minor heart attack and I decided that I could not deal with that stress on a family holiday. That was when I tried to research for different options I have and weighed the pros and cons.

Taxi rides are known to be expensive in Japan and to take a one-hour journey would have cost us a bomb – It was an unexpected expense we were not prepared to pay for. We could book an airport hotel room to stay overnight in, but that too would be expensive and would delay all our travel plans for the next day. Plus, a quick check online told me that most rooms are fully booked. There are airport buses that run later and we could probably try to take one of those, but the journey would be very long (not very enticing right after a 10-hour flight including transit) and we would need to get another taxi ride to our airbnb after reaching city area. The last option was to stay overnight at the airport of course – I might have considered that IF my kids were not with me. So, after weighing all the options I had, I decided to book a private airport transfer from https://goo.gl/ejRyn9 and now that the trip’s over, I can say confidently that I was glad I did that!

image

First of all, the pricing was very reasonable in my opinion. It would be close to 12 midnight after clearing immigration and ready to leave the airport, and the vehicle must be big enough to take my family of four, along with 4 luggages in total. The cost was less than SGD150, and that was only slightly more expensive than taking the airport train!

image

Secondly, I like it that communication is efficient and constant from the point I made a booking online for the airport transfer, right up to the point I boarded the transport. Right after I booked, I received a confirmation email for my booking. Once the booking had been noted by Japan’s side, I received another email confirmation for that. A few days before the trip, I received a Whatsapp message reminding me of my booking, as well as to request for any updated travel info if applicable. On the day of my travel, I received another Whatsapp message, this time round from the driver picking us up, about the exact location to meet. Upon reaching the pick-up point at Haneda Airport, the transport was there waiting for us! After a long flight, a spacious and comfortable ride was all I wanted, and I was so glad everything met our expectations!

image

Our private transport brought us directly to our airbnb apartment, which was awesome especially when the location was not exactly a very accessible one. I cannot imagine having to lug luggages with two kids and trying desperately to find the apartment at midnight in the winter cold. We would have been very miserable if that happened!

After we got back from our trip, we’ve recommended several of our friends to Klook as well, because we have tried it and benefitted from its wonderful service quality. Plus, there are so many travel experiences and services that they can book from their website, and it just makes the whole travel planning process a hassle-free one. If you are looking for places to fill up your itinerary, Klook can totally serve that purpose as well – Just look through all the packages they have and draw your inspirations from there! Planning your next holiday? Hop over to https://www.klook.com/ now! :) Mention JBABIES5 gives you $5 off your first Klook purchase!

Disclosure: This is a collaboration with Klook to review their products and services. All opinions expressed in this post are solely mine.