Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I Transformed My Resale Maisonette With Nippon Paint

Product Review

It has always been a dream of mine to live in an Executive Maisonette, so when we chanced upon a suitable unit that was within our budget during our house viewing, we were elated! The only thing was that we would have to do quite a bit of renovation works for the house, not because it was rundown or poorly maintained, but because it was not in the style that we liked.

One of the first things we decided to hack off was the wallpaper. I personally do not like wallpaper because it requires careful maintenance and with active kids at home, it will stress me out everyday wondering when they would accidentally tear it off. True enough, just before we took over the house, the previous owner pointed us to a big tear that his kids made in the wallpaper (I would have gotten a heart attack from that!) As you can see, one entire stretch of wall in the living room (including the high ceiling above the staircase going up to Level 2) was covered in wallpaper - Everything has to go! That’s where Nippon Paint came into the picture.

IMG_1901IMG_1897

With work piling up in the office because of the year end closing, I didn’t have the luxury to supervise my renovation works closely, so engaging a dependable and professional painter service was something I had to do. I needed to have that peace of mind that everything would be done properly and perfectly even with minimal supervision. Nippon Professional Painting Service was exactly what I needed, and I am so glad we have them onboard our home transformation project. :)

IMG_1917
IMG_1967
To better assess what the house needs, a Nippon painter came for a site inspection (Yes, it’s free!).

IMG_1915

By the end of the site inspection, he made three main recommendations:

1. Use Sealant Before Paint

As my house is a resale unit, he recommended that a layer of sealant be painted as a base before the color paints go on. This will ensure a nicer finish as well as durability for the painting works. There were ugly patches on the original walls in the house, and the painter told us that it was because the previous owner had painted directly the walls without a layer of sealant. They were so very unsightly!

IMG_1973

2. Go for MozzieGuard

With young children and elderly living in the house, Nippon’s new paint range – MozzieGuard – is a great option because it provides protection against mosquitoes in the house.

IMG_1981

With the rising number of dengue cases in Singapore, this is definitely an option I would recommend for families who are repainting their homes. The paint contains a chemical that would kill mosquitoes when they come into contact with it, thus protecting everyone in the family against them! This is perfect for us because our house is on lower floors, so I opted for MozzieGuard for all the bedrooms as well as the living room (except the darker feature walls, which we used Odour-less Paint, as MozzieGuard is only available for lighter shades). MozziGuard paint series is a top-up to the basic packages offered by Nippon, but for a limited time, you can receive a free upgrade to MozzieGuard – I am not sure when this promotion will end, so do contact them asap if you want to enjoy this benefit!

3. Use Weatherbond Paint For Balcony

My balcony area has no windows, so when the rain gets heavy, the whole area can get pretty wet. When the weather is hot, this area gets the most amount of direct sunlight as well. Plus, the balcony is also our laundry area where we do a lot of washing and clothes hanging, so we need the walls to be painted with weatherbond paint for greater durability.

Painting works started a week later, and I was impressed with how efficiently the professional painters worked!

IMG_2005

They only took a grand total of 3 days to complete the entire house’s painting, including a feature wall in the kids’ room, which I would talk about in my next post, bedroom and storeroom doors as well as all the pipes in the three toilets. Our interior designer allocated a week for them to complete their works, but that was all they needed. Meet my friendly painters!

IMG_1993

The floors were carefully lined and covered with protective sheets before the painting works started. As the house was empty at the point of renovation, it was much easier for the painters to get to work. But if you are currently living in the house and planning to get a new paint job, Nippon Painters will assist to shift the furniture aside and cover them with protective sheets before commencing with the painting. After that, they will shift everything back to the original position. Totally hassle-free!

IMG_2030IMG_1998IMG_2018

There are two stretches of high ceilings in the house, and when I was watching the painters do those two huge areas, I felt super glad I didn’t attempt to DIY the painting – That would be impossible and almost insane. The professional painters, however, were totally unfazed. I was so impressed at how fast they managed to cover the walls so nicely in such a short time! The last time the husband and I tried painting our girls’ room in the previous house (just one bedroom, mind you!), it took us one whole day and we were so miserable after that because of all the aches. Some things, we just got to leave it to the professionals. =P

IMG_2060IMG_2066IMG_2048IMG_2052IMG_2056IMG_2063
IMG_2070

I was so happy when the painting works were completed because the house looked totally different after that! I was amazed that painting alone can literally transform the look of the house drastically and for the first time after purchasing the house, I finally felt that the house was my home – It was in the style that I liked and felt comfortable with! And I was glad that I chose Nippon Professional Painting Services to make it happen! If you are planning your renovations or thinking of giving your home a new look as well, give them a call today and enjoy all the benefits at really affordable prices. Packages available with transparent pricing for easy planning! You also get one year warranty on the interior paint! CALL NOW: 6319 7222

image

Stay tuned for my next posts on the feature wall in my girls’ bedroom as well as the final completed look of the whole house! :)

* * * * *

This is one of the posts in our series – Making of Our Dream Home. Click on banner to read the other posts.

Making of our dream home icon

Disclosure: This is a collaboration between The J Babies and Nippon Paint for an independent review of the Nippon Professional Painting Services. This is a partial sponsorship, and all photographs and opinions used in this post are solely ours.