Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Ariston Water Heaters For My Home: Best Of Both Worlds

Product Review

Sometime back, I blogged about the difference between Storage Heaters and Instant Heaters, and which would suit your house better depending on your needs. After much deliberation, we decided to go for both types of heaters for my new home and now, I can say that I’m truly enjoying the best of both worlds.

 Andris Lux 15 OR - 30 | AristonRedefining the Shower Experience with Constant Temperature Aures Luxury Round RT33 | Ariston

I’ve got three bathrooms in my home – two on Level 2 and one on Level 1 so what we’ve done is to install a storage heater on Level 2, which supplies to both bathrooms as well as the wash basins and an instant heater on Level 1. For us, the logic is simple: When the entire family comes home at the same time, we switch on the storage heater and everyone takes turns to bathe. As a first-timer using storage heaters, I have to say I am now very, very happy with my hot water shower that is powerful and strong. In my previous house, there can only be one water source switched on at any one point so that the water pressure is strong enough. That is to say, when I wanted to bathe, I had to first make sure that my washing machine was switched off. Otherwise, my shower would be trickling, and that was so frustrating! Now with a storage heater in the house, we no longer have that problem, and water can be as hot as I want it to be.

IMG_2939

And quite frankly, the water doesn’t take long to heat up at all, contrary to past conceptions I had about storage heaters. In fact, once the water has been heated up, it remains hot for a good amount of time, so when it’s the 3rd or 4th person’s turn to bathe, we can just switch the heater off and still enjoy hot showers. Of course, keeping the heater switched on 24/7 is more hassle-free, but by making sure that you only switch it on as and when you need it, you save on electricity bills! For my household of 5 people, the Ariston Andris Lux 30 is perfect (They have storage heaters for 15 litres or 30 litres, so choose the right capacity for your family). Even at 30 litres, the storage tank is sleek and doesn’t look unsightly at all.

IMG_2883

Since we have a third bathroom in the house on Level 1, we decided that an instant heater would be perfect for that. It would be the bathroom for guests or when only one or two people need to bathe. Because of our different schedules, we don’t always want to bathe at the same time, so that’s when we would bathe at the Level 1 bathroom so that we don’t waste energy heating up a whole tank of water.

On a more superficial note, I can’t stop gushing over how stylish Ariston’s instant heater. Ours is the Aures Round Luxury RT33 – which is round with easy soft touch buttons to adjust the temperature. It memorizes up to 3 profiles (for different members in the family) so it’s really super easy to use. Ariston’s heaters are also fitted with anti-scalding system for safety even for children.

IMG_2884

The arrangement is working out great for the new home, and we are very happy with Ariston’s heaters - Makes our lives easier and better! =) To see their range of heaters, go on to their website now!

This is one of the posts in our series – Making of Our Dream Home. Click on banner to read the other posts.

Making of our dream home icon

Disclosure: This is a collaboration between The J Babies and Ariston for an independent review of the Ariston Andris Lux 30 storage heater and Aures Round Luxury RT33 instant heater. All opinions and most photographs are ours.