Thursday, January 25, 2018

Here’s 3 Reasons Why You Need To Get A Brandt In-Built Oven

Product Review
One of the things I told myself that I absolutely NEED to get for my new house is an inbuilt oven.

For years, I’ve been browsing through oven recipes and drooling over how fast and easy it is to prepare meals with the oven and how good everything looks once they come out of the oven. I am an advocate of fuss-free cooking because I am a busy full-time working parent just like many of you reading this. I need things to be done fast and efficiently – At the end of the day, I just want to be able to feed my kids on time and feed them stuffs they will actually want to finish (and ask for more). So, you can imagine my elation when my dream finally came through when this beautiful Brandt BXP6575X (60cm Built-in Pyrolytic Oven) was installed at my new house!


I needed no convincing to get an inbuilt oven for the new house, but after having it for a month, I’m sharing three compelling reasons why you need to get one – and a Brandt one for that matter!

COMPELLING REASON #1: HOSTING BECOMES EASY PEASY

I was immediately able to put my brand new Brandt oven to test when I had to host 3 different groups of friends at my new place as part of our housewarming. I was frankly, a little nervous because I have never used an oven for my cooking before and I need to prepare meals for such big groups of friends! Thankfully, the oven is idiot-proof and after the Brandt staff came over for a demo, I felt more confident about it. The dinners all turned out very well, I must say. My Brandt oven was my Savior! There was no way I could do such massive cooking without it – And I did it three times over (and several other times after that week too!).

Because of the big capacity of the oven, I get a lot done concurrently within a short span of time. Can you believe that I only starting preparing for the meals 1.5 hours before the guests arrive? Most of the time is taken up by the cutting and chopping, and all I need to do is to get all the ingredients cut up properly, put them into various oven dishes and in the oven they go, all at the same time! I can slot in 3 dishes at the same time (and even more if your dishes are all small ones).  This makes hosting large gatherings easy because it saves time – Everything gets cooked at the same time! The key is to watch the cooking process and take out each one at different times because different dishes may require different cooking time.





See? So spacious!


For this particular dinner, I cooked the Roast Chicken & Prawns along with Roasted Mixed Veggies and Bacon with Enoki Mushrooms all together.



And the dinners came out perfect like these. My guests were all praises for it! They look so professional but I told everything how simple everything was because I had a good oven. Every dinner that week was like a marketing talk for my new oven – Hello but I don’t get commission for that, OK? Haha!


My kids especially love the bacon with enoki mushrooms and Shepherd’s Pie, which I had to cook again several times after that, on their special request. I felt like a Domestic Goddess all of a sudden! =P





I also attempted other dishes such as Baked Pasta, Seafood in a Bag, Hawaiian Baguette Pizza etc, and everything turned out really delicious! Made me so happy and satisfied the whole week when I saw my guests tucking in happily.




COMPELLING REASON #2: CULINARY GUIDE FOR NOOBS!

No worries if you are a noob just like me. When you purchase your Brandt BXP6575X Built-In Oven, you will also receive a Culinary Guide - A selection of 15 dishes for automatic cooking : Select the food weight and the oven self-programmes the suitable cooking function as well as temperature and cooking time. Can it get any more idiot-proof than this??! =P
Plus, remember the in-house demonstration service that Brandt provides? That was particularly useful for me (because I have not used an in-built oven before) and I could ask any questions I had on the spot. But really, the oven is so easy to operate that any one can do it.

COMPELLING REASON #3: CLEANING MADE EASY!

One of the concerns I had about massive cooking with the oven is the cleaning. I wonder if it would be easy to clean everything when oil splatters everywhere during the cooking process, but I have found it to be a lot less daunting than what I imagined. All I do is to wipe down everything with a detergent cleaner and then with a wet cloth – The whole oven is grease-free after that! But perhaps one of the best functions this oven has is Brandt’s patented technology where a full pyro-cleaning cycle is completed in just 90 minutes. This means after you have completed your cooking, you can set the oven to do a thorough pyro cleaning and at the end of the cleaning cycle, all you need to do is to sweep away the ash gathered at the bottom of the oven, and the oven becomes clean as new! What happens during this cleaning process is that the oven is heated to over 500 degrees celsius, so it melts and burns away every oil residue in the oven from the cooking and everything becomes soot and ash after that. I was recommended to do this cleaning once every few months after intensive cooking. I like the idea that it helps my oven to become extremely clean after a period of cooking.
As you can see, I’m enjoying my Brandt In-build oven very much. I cannot imagine living life without it now! =D Brandt is a trusted brand that has been producing high-quality household products for years. Hop over to their website to see what you can get to upgrade your kitchen today. :)
This is part of my Making Of Our Dream Home series. Click to read the other entries in the series.
Disclosure: This is a collaboration between The J Babies and Brandt for an honest review of their products and services. All photographs and opinions are solely ours.