Monday, November 11, 2019

Back To CoolSculpting with Halley Medical Aesthetics (Because It Works!)

Those of you who have been following me on this blogging journey would remember that I first tried CoolSculpting with HalleyMedical Aesthetics three years ago. Back then, I did a total of four applicators on my abdomen area and since then, I’ve enjoyed a less flabby tummy and the consultation with the nutritionist then also taught me to make significant changes to the way and type of food I eat. It was a very wonderful experience then, so naturally when I thought about removing the stubborn fat on my abodmen, , I did not hesitate going back to Halley Medical Aesthetics at all! This was just right before the launch of their new HalleyBody Slimming Clinic , which focuses on weight management, no downtime fat reduction, body firming, and muscle toning treatments.









CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is still the world’s number 1 non-invasive fat-reduction process. It is the only US FDA-approved fat freezing treatment that uses the concept of cryolipolysis to freeze and destroy unwanted fat cells, which are then disposed from the body naturally. 20-25% of fat cells in the treated area are removed each time, and because we stop producing new fat cells after the age of 5, these fat cells that die after freezing will be gone forever, after they are disposed from our bodies.


The last time round I did it, each applicator took one hour, but I am so glad that with new and improved CoolAdvantage applicators used at Halley Medical Aesthetics now, the process time has been cut down to a mere 35 minutes (CoolAdvantage) and 45 minutes (CoolAdvantage Plus) respectively! The new applicators also feature enhanced cup designs for improved patient comfort as well as a larger cooling area to treat a bigger area. Best of all, there is no downtime at all, so you can get right back to your work and usual lifestyle after the procedure. 

Prescription

This time round, I was glad that Dr Terence Tan from Halley Medical Aesthetics wanted to work on more areas of my body, so he prescribed nine CoolAdvantage and three CoolAdvantage Plus applicators to treat the stubborn fat on my abdomen and flanks. My love handles had always been a concern to me, so I am so looking forward to freezing the fats there and getting rid of them once and for all!


Treatment Process

To prepare for the treatment, Dr. Terence Tan first used the CoolAdvantage templates to mark out the areas on my abdomen and flanks that required treatment.



The clinic assistant then applied gel pads onto the treatment area to protect the skin during treatment.



Once the applicators were applied (like very strong suctions on my body), the treatment area felt extremely tight and like it was gradually being frozen. After a few seconds, the whole area would go numb and I practically couldn’t feel much on the treatment area for the rest of the treatment.

  
After each treatment cycle, the clinic assistant removed the applicator and massaged the treated area. This helps to speed up the breakdown of the crystallised dead fat cells, which will be passed out by the body naturally. I have to say the most uncomfortable part of the treatment would be this step because of the vigorous massages, but it is still overall bearable. My pain threshold is almost zero, so you can be assured that if I can handle it, you can too. =P


This 12-applicator session took 7 hr 30 min to complete, so I was literally at the clinic for almost the whole day. But comparing this to traditional Coolsculpting applicators which would have taken 12 hours, I was really glad they had used the CoolAdvantage applicators instead. Results are expected three months after treatment.

Post-Treatment Process

While there is no downtime for the procedure, I did experience some swelling and bruising after the treatment. This was normal (I had some of that the previous round three years ago too) because of the vigorous massaging, but within a week, the swelling subsided and everything went back to normal. As it takes time for the dead fat cells to be disposed from the body naturally, I would only see the final result three months later.  Having gone through the last Coolsculpting experience, I already know that I can’t rush the results. At the point of writing, I am at Day 15 after the treatment and the abdomen area is still flabby and numb, but I know the final result will be good. But already as I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt that my waist had gotten smaller! I certainly hoped it’s not just my own imagination, but we’ll know for sure when I go back for my review in early December! Seriously can’t wait. =D

Some friends have asked me if CoolSculpting is for weight loss, and I always had to tell them that it is not. CoolSculpting, as its name implies, is for sculpting of the body shape. It gives you a better figure by removing stubborn body fat, giving your body a better contour and shape. Frankly, I don’t really care about my weight most of the time, but a better figure would definitely give me greater confidence as I continue to age gracefully. Especially for mothers like me who has lost our body shape because of childbirth (and lack of self-control when it comes to dieting obviously), CoolSculpting is a good option! Stay tuned for my next blog post, where I will share more on my CoolSculpting results after the review. J

With the launch of its new Halley Body Slimming Clinic in Octorber 2019, CoolSculpting will now be offered at the new clinic, while Halley Medical Aesthetics will focus on non-invasic and no downtime medical aesthetics treatments for the face. They are located right next to each other, so it is pretty convenient. If you would like to know more about CoolSculpting or what Halley Body Slimming Clinic can offer you, hop over to their website and social media channels to find out more. J
277 Orchard Road #03-16 Orchard Gateway Singapore 238858
T: 6246 8806