Thursday, October 08, 2020

Build Your Own Cake! (Review)

 One of the best things that came out of this season of pandemic has got to be the introduction of home delivery services. You can practically purchase anything online and they are delivered right to your doorstep, sometimes within the same day! I don't even need to take one step out of my house and I can satisfy all kinds of food cravings in the comfort of my home. Recently, I tried out Cake Delivery! I tend to crave for sweet things often, and this is right up my alley!

Variety is always welcomed, so I went for their Build Your Own Cake option and chose 12 different slices of cakes to form one big cake - Why settle for only one flavor when I can try 12 different ones, right?! Best decision ever. We had so much fun trying out every single flavor and I must say, I was impressed! Every one was good! Of course, I have a personal favorite - Will share that in a bit!

Their cakes come in 2 sizes, which explains why my 12 slices do not form one perfect circle. That's totally fine by me, you know. I got excited enough just looking at the different colors, toppings and layers in every slice. 


My choices were as follows:

 1. Chocolate truffle
2. Biscoff cheesecake
3. Red velvet
4. Pistachio Rose cake
5. Mao Shan Wang Choco cake
6. Choco ganache
7.  Chocolate rainbow
8. Rainbow cake
9. Bubblegum Cake
10.Yuzu Osmanthus
11. Carrot Cake
12. Peanut Butter & Jelly Cake


My personal favorites were the Mao Shan Wang Choco cake (Obvious choice for a durian lover!) and the Yuzu Osmanthus (Super refreshing!). If you don't have a sweet tooth, you might want to skip the Bubblegum Cake, as it was really sweet. Other than that, the rest were quite balanced in their sweetness and very enjoyable.


Of course, if you are celebrating birthdays are special events, they have whole cakes as well. In fact, they have so many options you'll be spoilt for choice! The rainbow cakes and Ondeh Ondeh cake sure looks good and I would love to try them the next time.

Not only are their cakes freshly baked by experienced bakers with award-winning recipes, you can receive your cake within an hour from ordering and delivery is free for orders above $80! They even go as far as assure you with a Money-back guarantee if their products taste bad and if your delivery is late by more than 30 minutes! You can totally save yourself if you forgot to order a cake for your party! =P Hop over to check them out now: https://cakedelivery.sg/