Monday, July 14, 2008

Toilet Training Is In Progress!

I am happy to announce that Joey is well on her way to be toilet trained!!!! =D

Today for all the time that we were at home, Joey was without diapers, and the moment she feels like urinating, she would come tell me, and I would bring out the baby toilet bowl and she would pass motion there. No rush and no leaks. So far so good!

My MIL has been doing that everytime they are at home for most parts of the day, and it's been working perfect so far. Thumps up!

The only problem I have now is that when she is back at office nursery, they will probably put her on diapers again. Firstly, the aunties are busy looking after a few babies at the same time, so they can't be reminding her all the time to inform when she needs to pass motion, and incase she really forgets, the whole nursery is carpeted and that would be very disastrous indeed. Plus, the toilet is a walk away from the nursery, so even if she really informs of her need, would they make it to the toilet in time? I really hope that all these factors will not hinder her toilet training progress.

Now that she is toilet trained at home, the next bold step would be to let her be diaper-free outside as well! Hmmm.. I really wonder when I would dare to take that step. Come to think of it, there are so many things to consider and many preparations to make once she becomes diaper-free right? Having our kids on diapers is so convenient!

First of all, I would need to keep on hand plastic bags incase she urgently needs to pass motion and I can't make it to the toilet in time? For example when we are in queues, in a long taxi ride, in a place where I can't find a toilet etc etc. Of course, before I go anywhere, I got to remember to get her to get toilet first so that I can avoid any unpleasant situations.

Then, I got to stand by extra clothes just in case there are any 'accidents'. And what if the accident happened when I was carrying her.. ? (dare not imagine too much)

Then how about not giving her too much water just in case she asks to go to the toilet every 10 mins?

Am I worrying too much? =P

No comments :

Post a Comment