Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Female Samson

If you've never had any encounters with my daughter, you won't believe how strong she is.

She is incredibly strong. And I say it with great conviction.

She can pull a full-grown adult along into a jog, and most of the time, the adult can't do anything but be pulled along by her. If she wants to struggle out of your hug, there is no way you can stop her. If she determinedly snatches something from you, you will most likely lose to her.

One of the things she enjoys doing nowadays whenever we are queuing up for buses is that she would swing herself on the bars. Sometimes she would hang herself by half sitting on the bars and there are many things she can do to entertain herself. Swing here and there, with absolutely no fear of falling over at all. Sigh. (Some people still ask me why I let her wear so many pinks. If I dun, you would think she is a boy lor!!!)

Took some photos of her this morning while we were at the bus stop

There we have it. This is mild, considering the other stunts she attempts..

My daughter reminds me of the little girl I was. When I was still a toddler, I was a tomboy, climbing here and there and very hyperactive as well. Then I went through a period in my life when I was in Primary One - Two, when I became a demure little girl, doing all the girly things like playing with barbie dolls, paper dolls teddy bears... Then I went through another tomboyish age when I was in Primary Three or Four before finally settling down to be a very girlie girl after that. I think it's interesting to see the same development happening in my girl's life as well. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment