Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Time Has Finally Come!

After preparing ourselves mentally and psychologically for the longest time, Joey is FINALLY going to school tomorrow.

Any amount of mental and psychological preparation can never be enough, it seems. I can't help but feel jittery about her first day of school. Furthermore, she's not just going for 2 hours or half a day, but one whole day of childcare!

Joey has never been a kid who can sit still for too long... she doesn't enjoy sitting down quietly to listen to stories, which I hope she can start to cultivate after starting school. Nevertheless, while I am expecting she will probably venture off by herself to play with the toys when the teacher is teaching, I really hope discipline and some form of routine will be instilled in her soon.

My plan is not to stay with her at all although the school allows parents to sit in for 3 days. Reason being, I know my daughter will kick a fuss and throw tantrums on the 4th day onwards cos she assumes that I can actually stay with her throughout, which in actual fact, I would not be able to. Spoke to a fellow mummy today in church and she also did the same as me. Some crying and protests are expected at the beginning, but it will all go away very soon (I hope).

On a more encouraging note, Joey actually stayed in the children's church - 4 to 6 years old group all by herself today at service! I just took her there, and said she should stay there with her friend, Nicole, and left immediately. Surprisingly, no protests at all. Halfway through, I peeked in to see how she was doing, and the teacher told me that she did not cry or look for me at all, but she couldn't sit still during any of the lessons and just kept walking here and there (expected). Still, to me, that's a real achievement! She has never been able to last through 2 hours in children's church without crying for me! Perhaps the main reason is that no parents or maids are allowed in this particular class, and it helped when she's not the only kid around without their guardians. I am so looking forward to attending service in the main hall next week if all goes well! =D

Anyway, I'll be hanging around Joey's school with Isaiah and my MIL tomorrow for the whole day and will peek in to see how she's doing. I'll update every now and then! Watch out for the updates!!

No comments :

Post a Comment