Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sheer Misery

The past few nights had been a living hell for me.

The primary reason is that I am down with cough (again) and it irritates me to the core. It was triggered off by durians, but who could blame me? I had craving for the heavenly fruit & had to satisfy the craving, isn’t it? Plus, I didn’t eat that many!

Because of the cough, I didn’t switch on the air conditioning at night for 3 nights in a row so that my virus doesn’t spread to Joey and Isaiah, and so every single night, I couldn’t get a good sleep! I am such a pampered girl, I know, but at a time like this, it gets even worse. I feel hot all the time, and even with a fan blowing at me throughout the night, I woke up almost every single hour. Fell asleep around 12am, woke up at 2am.. 3am… 4am… 5am… Sigh, it’s driving me nuts. And every time I gain consciousness, I have to go to the toilet to pee. Can you imagine how tiring it is to do that the whole night on an hourly basis??? I’m going nuts, literally. Arghhhh…. let it come to an end soon!!!

On a happier note though, let me update you on the final gynae visit I went for yesterday afternoon.

A major milestone is that Baby Jayne has facing shifted downwards and is now engaged! Not that it matters much, since I am going for a C-section, but always comforting to know that Baby is doing what she ought to do at this point in the pregnancy. :)

Baby Jayne last weighed 2.5kg about three weeks ago at my last visit, and by yesterday (at exactly 37 weeks), she weighs 3.1kg (clap! clap!).  I know that Baby Jayne is a smaller baby compared to Joey, but I had hoped that she would at least hit 3kg in my tummy before she pops. A bigger baby always means an easier baby (or  so I hope!). So, now I feel more at ease about it.

I also asked Dr Fong to try to capture a 3-D scan of Jayne because we haven’t managed to catch one at all throughout! She was always facing downwards! But according to Dr Fong, it’s quite impossible to catch a nice 3-D now that she’s already 37 weeks because it’s quite hard for her to adjust her position much nowadays. True enough, we couldn’t really see her face as it was blocked by the placenta. In any case, Dr Fong kept laughing at me because I couldn’t even wait one week to see the ‘real thing’?! Haha, true also la…

The admission papers for my hospital stay have also been prepared and processed. I will admit next Thursday, 21 May, between 9am – 10am. I have to take my breakfast before 630am and no food/drinks after that till my scheduled operation at 2.30pm. Papa Isaiah is expected to hold Baby Jayne by 3pm and I will gain consciousness approximately at 330pm. Then again, Dr Fong says I will be ‘sei sei’ for the rest of the day. Haha, sure hope I will be awake enough to take photos of Jayne and spend some time with her! =D

The only thing that worries me now is my cough. If it doesn’t go away by next Thursday, I have to reschedule my C-section, which is impossible to even think about! Main reason is because after the operation, even a mild cough can trigger a stitch or pain that can kill me. Not literally la, of course. :)

On the actual day, I will try to twitter or blog along the way, to keep you updated of what’s happening till my operation time. So stay tuned! If you have yet to follow me on twitter, you can click here to add me: http://www.twitter.com/klessis

:)

2 comments :

  1. oh.... so exciting!!!! We are going to see baby jayne next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...i am looking forward to carry Jayne...feedd her..kiss her face..

    ReplyDelete