Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Do Not Leave Your Baby Unattended

I let Baby rest on the bed propped up slightly on a pillow. The always-thoughtful me laid a diaper cloth over the pillow for hygiene sake. You know baby’s skin is so delicate, right? So she was resting quietly watching the sun beams coming in from the windows. I sat back facing her at the edge of the bed, watching an interesting programme on TV.

DSC05870

When I turned over just 30 seconds later, this was what greeted me:

DSC05881

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I’m sorry if I sounded mean. But it was a really funny sight to behold! I mean, I got a shock because it was totally not what I expected to see! But, she just laid there without making any noise at all (ok, her legs were slightly kicking, but it made it all the more funnier!), letting the cloth cover her face like that. One might even think it was comfortable that way!

Before you think I’m so inhuman, I DID NOT immediately whip out the camera to take a photo when I discovered her whole head covered by the cloth. What I did was the only logical thing any mummy would do – SAVE MY CHILD.

The above was merely a re-enactment to bring out the moral of the story: DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD UNATTENDED.

p/s: It actually was not as dangerous as it seemed. The cloth was just floating above her face, and she seemed mildly amused by it. I have no doubt that she would scream her head off if she felt suffocated in any way.

No comments :

Post a Comment