Friday, August 07, 2009

What The Heck Happened Today

This morning when I woke up, I thought of recording my schedule for today as it happens, so that one day when I crazily thought of becoming a SAHM, I can take it out to scare myself out of that thought. I was going to be at home one whole day alone with my 2 girls. Not exactly something I look forward to.

DSC05971

Here’s the rundown of what the heck happened today:

  • 7am – Joey woke up. MIL looked after her.
  • 730am – Joey drank milk, ate biscuits & entertained herself.
  • 745am – Dear woke up. Went off to work.
  • 830am – Jayne woke up. I officially woke up.
  • 845am – Fed Jayne milk. Bathed her.
  • 9am – Jayne went back to sleep. I washed & sterilised her bottles. Took out frozen chicken from the freezer. For dinner tonight: Cooking soya sauce chicken!
  • 915am – Took out pre-frozen soup base to cook Joey’s porridge. Chopped up cauliflowers, carrots & mushrooms.
  • 930am – Start cooking Joey’s porridge.
  • 945am – Porridge still on stove. Made myself a coffee. Read a story to Joey.
  • 10am – Porridge done. Ate breakfast with Joey while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Channel 34.
  • 1015am – Washed dishes. Jayne made some noise. Pat her back to sleep. Joey continued watching TV.
  • 1030am – Bathed Joey.
  • 1045am – I bathed.
  • 11am – Swept the bedroom. Disposed off the rubbish.
  • 1105am – Played puzzles with Joey. Switched on laptop to read the 1254639 blogs I read daily.
  • 1130am – Did coloring exercise together with Joey.
  • 12pm – Snack time for Joey (Mamee!!!!)
  • 1205pm – Make preparations for dinner.
  • 1215pm – Jayne woke up. Poo-ed. Fed her milk.
  • 1230pm – Dear called. Chatted with Joey and me.
  • 1245pm – Jayne went back to sleep.
  • 1255pm – Bathed Joey again (sweat machine!!!!)
  • 1pm – Joey drank milk. Read her a story, and she took her afternoon nap.
  • 120pm – Started cooking dinner (because soya sauce chicken takes time to simmer slowly!)
  • 130pm – I ate lunch. Surfed the web while eating.
  • 215pm – Jayne woke up briefly to play.
  • 230pm – Jayne went back to sleep. I watched TV & surfed the net.
  • 3pm – Jayne woke up for milk.
  • 315pm – Jayne went back to sleep. I continued watching TV & surfing the net.
  • 4pm – Jayne woke woken up by loud noise outside.(arrgghhh!!!)
  • 415pm – Joey woke up. Ate afternoon snack – bread with butter and 2 slices of singles cheese.
  • 420pm – Jayne went back to sleep. Joey watched cartoons.
  • 5pm – Brought the girls to the playground.
  • 545pm – Bathed Joey for the 3rd time today. Jayne continued to sleep.
  • 6pm – Started cooking Joey’s dinner – Steamed chicken with mushrooms.
  • 630pm – Jayne woke up crying. Fed her milk and tried unsuccessfully to pat her back to sleep.
  • 730pm – Dear reached home. We all ate dinner. Jayne watched us from her rocking car seat.
  • 8pm – Patted Jayne to sleep.
  • 805pm – Joey and I ate ice cream for desserts.
  • 830pm – Played building blocks with Joey.
  • 845pm – Jayne woke up yet again. Fed her milk again. She finally fell asleep for the night. Joey continued watching cartoons.
  • 10pm – Joey went to sleep. I am now watching TV & blogging.

I’m sorry if I lost you somewhere near the 3rd item, but yeh, that was how my today went. On hindsight, time actually felt like it passed slower when I recorded down everything I did. I guessed it’s because I was virtually looking at the clock whenever I did something. And it actually was not as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe because it’s one of those days Jayne slept very well throughout the day and Joey did not do anything to antagonize me. haha..

Now the pictures!

Porridge time. I cooked a big pot of chicken & potato soup the other day, so I saved a container of the clear soup & freezed it. I just took it out, defreeze it a little, then popped into pot to cook with rice and some ingredients. Sweet & aromatic porridge was ready in no time!

2

Puzzle time

1

Coloring time

3

Playground time

4

I feel pretty exhausted by now. It’s tiring to take care of 2 kids! =P

3 comments :

  1. i realise Jayne is only awake for 15 mins each time! she sure sleeps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is one detailed blow by blow run down...i should probably do something but mine would be just a couple of lines, like 7a.m - madness begins. 7.30p.m - sanity restored.

    And i need to say...your handwriting is very neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @serene: It just happened to be one of those good days la.. sometimes she can take many 45-minute naps and keep waking up.. But generally, she does sleep pretty well.. :)

    @daphne: Haha, i'm sure it's not as bad, try recording it one of these days! But I seriously don't know how you can go through that everyday as a SAHM and still remain sane!

    ReplyDelete