Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Healthy Eating & Bento-Making Workshop

I had the chance to attend a bento-making workshop organised by Health Promotion Board yesterday at Cairnhill Community Club. The session was part of their initiative to promote healthy eating. If you’ve been following my blog for a long time, you would know that I love making bentos, so I was really excited to attend the workshop! =)

Upon registration, I was given a bento kit!

IMG_5373

The bento kit contained 2 bento boxes, some cutters, a healthy recipe book as well as a book written by Angie, our teacher for the bento-making.

IMG_5369

IMG_5377

IMG_5376

IMG_5374

IMG_5375

The workshop was conducted in a kitchen in the community club.

IMG_5367

That’s the teacher, Angie.

IMG_5366 

And this is my fellow group of classmates  for the workshop. :) Most of them are mummy bloggers, and some are even experts at making bentos! It was really a great time of networking with them because we have the same interests: Bento-ing & Blogging! =D

IMG_5365

   There were many food stations set up on the kitchen counter tops. There was different sections for breads, fruits, ham, eggs, vegetables, sausages etc. The stations were set up so that we could have a hands-on session in making our bentos. After a short lecture on some basic bento-making techniques, Angie encouraged everyone to start making our bentos, and we each had to make one rice bento and one bread bento.

It was fun! I always thought that the most troublesome & boring process in bento-making is the ingredient preparation part. But everything was already prepared for us! Angie even brought along all her bento tools – different rice moulds, cutters… All so incredibly easy to use.

IMG_5388

I went around taking photos of different people’s bentos while busying with my own. Everyone was soooooo creative! Just look at how pretty the bentos are!

IMG_5403

IMG_5409

IMG_5397

IMG_5398

IMG_5400

IMG_5402

Wanna see the bentos I made??

TADA! ~

IMG_5405

IMG_5406

IMG_5395

IMG_5396

Quite frankly, I initially wanted to make a Strawberry Shortcake or Dora Explorer bento so that I can surprise Joey when I bring the bentos home. But…… it was too difficult la! =P

And this is Leonny, the person seated next to me during the workshop. If you do not know yet, she is a mummy blogger as well, and her blog is famous! =D Happy to know another blogger friend. :)

IMG_5413

I feel my bento-making itch coming again! Especially when I saw how Joey gobbled up all the star ham & cheese sandwiches, eggs and broccoli when I brought the bentos home! I might start making them again soon! =)

No comments :

Post a Comment