Sunday, January 17, 2010

How Did We Know What To Do?

Dads & Mums of this era is very different from the dads & mums from the previous era.

My parents raised me up through trial and error. My younger brother had a better deal, because by the time it came to him, my parents were already better at what they were doing, mainly because of the mistakes they made in my growing up. Undeniably, there were alot of opps and oh-ohs

Now that I am a mum myself, although I still use a lot of trial and error, I am glad that I now live in a golden information age, where information are readily available everywhere in abundance. Not only are there many good parenting books around, the internet is flooded with lots of articles, forums and useful advice.

One of the first things I do when I notice something unusual about my kids’ behavior or health-related issues, is to Google it. =P Most of the time, the internet answers my questions and doubts and it is the knowledge I get from useful websites that empower me to be a more confident mum. Information is power!

So when I heard that the office nursery is starting a library, I thought it was a great idea!

Parenting magazine basket

15 Jan 001

Book shelves with parenting books on display. Small humble beginning but I’m sure it’ll grow!

15 Jan 002

The nursery, inline with its adorable inhabitants, has to maintain its cuteness.

15 Jan 006

15 Jan 004

15 Jan 005

The parents were asked to bring their own collection of parenting books and contribute to the library so that everyone gets a chance to read them. Sharing of resources is good! Come to think of it, I don’t have any parenting books! =P Maybe I should go buy some good books and do a contribution too!

Because of this new initiative, I am encouraged to start reading up and equip myself with useful knowledge. Especially when Joey is evolving into an intelligent kid with her own mind (a very strong one), it’s good to be equipped and prepared for the days ahead. =D

15 Jan 003

I already spotted a book that I wanna borrow & read! This!

15 Jan 007

I want to continue surviving!!!! Ha!

P/S: By the way, today is my bestie - Joyce’s wedding day, and possibly Joey’s first experience as a flower girl! It’s only a possibility because she has yet to agree to it despite my constant nagging & persuasion. =P We’ll see how it goes today. Hopefully she’ll willingly walk down the aisle and pave the way for the beautiful bride today!!

No comments :

Post a Comment