Friday, January 15, 2010

The Porridge Diary – The Positive

Ever since I last blogged about Baby Jayne’s porridge diary, things have since taken a turn for the better.

Smarter me has taken to blend every ingredient into finely-minced versions and the cooking had become easier and faster. The final products were also very fine and easily swallow-able. So far, she’s been finishing all her porridge everyday. *happy!* The ingredients I’ve used so far are chicken, pork, fish, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, pumpkins and dried oysters. I mince everything except for the mushrooms, which were put in only for taste at this moment. =)

14 Jan 004

14 Jan 005

If you have never fed a baby before, you will not be able to understand what a torturous job it is, if the baby is uncooperative! You have to coax, persuade, trick, entice, and use all the tricks in your bag just to get them to open their mouths. I am so glad that the nursery helpers does the ‘dirty’ job for me everyday. =P

14 Jan 007

Baby Jayne has come a long way. From someone who spits out every mouthful, purse her lips super tightly together every time the spoon comes, she now opens her mouth willingly, crush the food with her gums and swallow them. The nursery helpers even told me yesterday that she is one of the babies who eats very well, compared to even some toddlers. =) You can’t imagine how happy I was to hear that. Finally, the WORST is OVER!! *fingers crossed*

14 Jan 006

14 Jan 003

14 Jan 001

You know, I can’t wait for Baby Jayne to grow up so that she can start eating rice and soup, then it will be so much easier by then! I can cook rice and soup for both my girls to eat together!!! =D

3 comments :

  1. i look at the ingredients.. den i look at the photo..

    and i am thinking..

    why ur porridge yellow 1? she eating tau suan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo! That was yesterday's porridge and it was pumpkin fish porridge, thus the orange lor!

    P/S: You didn't think I put all those ingredients mentioned there, did you?

    P/P/S: I'm sure you're way smarter than that. :)

    ReplyDelete