Monday, March 15, 2010

Joey Is Cooking Mama Joey

I also wonder why kids nowadays seemed to be so good at technologically-advanced stuffs. Ipods, iphones, PSP, computer games, LAN gaming…

Take Joey, for example, the moment she gets hold of an iphone, she knows exactly what buttons to press (considering there is only 1 button on an iphone) and how to start up the games she wants to play.

She used to kidnap my friends’ iphones and hog the phones until I threaten to bring the cane out. Now that my mum-in-law also has an iphone, I HAD to download her favorite game for her. It’s COOKING MAMA. I’m sure most of you know what game this is.

Well, I must say that this game is almost a no-brainer and I love no-brainers! But even so, Joey knows exactly how to play every stage even though she can’t read the English instructions. That’s how amazing this generation of kids is. They are so savvy that such skills are almost instinctive to them.

That day when I had nothing to do, I secretly took my mother in law’s phone and started playing Cooking Mama. After all, I’m a real cooking mama and I have no doubt I’ll be able to clear every stage like a piece of cake. Come on, how difficult can it be?

All it does is to make you cut tomatoes, potatoes and chili..

Or fry the onions, ham, bacons etc..

I did pretty well, I must say. =) And I can understand why Joey is so addicted to this game. Quite fun, actually. =P

DSC07680

Joey calls herself Cooking Mama Joey, by the way, and I think that kinda speaks of how much she adores the game. I actually thought of buying her a DSLite so that she can play games when she’s travelling or when she’s got nothing to do. But I’ve been advised against buying something too expensive for kids as it spoils them. Hee.. I guess it’s true.. Maybe it’s better to wait a few more years. =)

image