Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bento F&N!

If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning of times, you will know I am quite a bento freak. There used to be a period in my life when I would surf and read different bento-making blogs and make different kinds of bentos myself. Apart of making sure my daughter enjoys her food better, it was a great form of enjoyment for me. (To look back at bentos I made in the past, click here.)

And so, just the other day, I thought  of making a bento for Joey again not because she needed one, but because I wanted to. Haha.. Now that her meals are taken care of by the school, I seldom need to cook for her anymore.

And since I am in this F&N season, I might as well make a F&N bento! Cool???

This is the bento box I chose – My all-time favorite!

IMG_7673

This bento box has several section, but essentially, there are 2 spaces to put the food into. Are you ready for my very own F&N bento??!

TADA!

IMG_7678

Closer look at my masterpiece! Muahaha..

IMG_7677

Basically, I was trying to portray the sand on a beach.. The cauliflowers are the coconut trees, the green peas, corn kernels and carrot cubes are pebbles along the beach. The sand is simulated using fried rice, and the crabsticks are the canoes lying on the sand. The F&N words are cheese cut-outs. Well, you got to use just a little more imagination here. =P

All in all, I’ve got a very colorful bento here and that’s the main gist of it! F&N Sparkling Drinks are vibrant, colorful and youthful!

*somersaults & backflips*

IMG_7549

I put the bento infront of Baby Jayne and she was intrigued!

IMG_7680

Just a gentle reminder that this coming Sunday is gonna be the Flash Mob & Singapore Dance Delight Vol 1 Finals! If you can make it, I urge you to go to Orchard infront of Ngee Ann City Fountain at 2pm to join in the Flash Mob. It’s going to be so exciting! =D