Wednesday, April 28, 2010

She Talks!

To my own astonishment, I have not announced it officially here!

BABY JAYNE HAS CALLED ME ‘MAMA’!

Yes, I know it’s almost unbelievable for an 11-month-old baby to do such an amazing thing, but yeap, she did. I am super proud of her because in my eyes, she’s still an infant. She is supposed to drool all day and know nothing at all, enjoying the bliss of babyhood. But little did I know, her little mind has started to capture and learn little things here and there.

IMG_7542

As was with Joey, we couldn’t exactly confirm Jayne was really calling me Mama because she could have meant ‘mum mum’ (eating) or she was making a noise randomly. But on several occasions, the moment she sees me, she would go ‘Mama.. Mama..’! Confirmed she was calling me!

You can imagine how jealous Papa Isaiah was, that he started drilling the word Papa into her by repeating it umpteen times to her. (It doesn’t work, daddy. This kind of bonding comes naturally, get it?)

So, one fine day, after much brain-washing, she blurted out a ‘Papa’! Finally! Haha! Papa was thrilled!

By the way, don’t try to trick her into saying the Papa and Mama just to satisfy your curiosity on how it sounds like, cos she doesn’t do it on command. That might  take a while more to happen..

It’s scary how fast my baby is growing up! Her grand one-year-old happens next month!!!!! =D